Canal+ and Cmore journey to ‘Eden’ with All3media International
Leading independent distributor All3Media International has signed a range of deals for the Stan Original Series Eden with broadcasters in France and Scandinavia securing this contemporary thriller, produced by Every Cloud Productions’ Fiona Eagger and Deb Cox (Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries) and Balloon Entertainment (Clique, Kiss Me First).
Canal+ will launch the new series in France, whilst CMore has secured rights in a pan territory deal covering Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden. Sky has also acquired the series for New Zealand.
Eden launched in Australia this month as a Stan Original series and will be available for U.S audiences on Spectrum Originals from 12th July.
Featuring a young and diverse cast, Eden unfolds in an idyllic coastal town, where the disappearance of a young woman triggers a devastating chain of events, exposing the dark heart of this supposed paradise. As long-buried secrets are dragged into the open, lives and deeds intersect over one fractured summer and its aftermath.
Series’ creator and Sundance Award winner Vanessa Gazy (Highway) leads an all-female writing team, including Jess Brittain (Clique), Anya Beyersdorf (Shakespeare Now), Clare Sladden (Freudian Slip) and Penelope Chai (Other People’s Problems). The series is made in collaboration with Every Cloud Productions’ Fiona Eagger and Deb Cox and Balloon Entertainment, produced by Fiona McConaghy (The Gloaming) and directed by John Curran (Bloom), Mirrah Foulkes (Judy & Punch) and Peter Andrikidis (Janet King). All eight episodes of the series are shot by award-winning cinematographer Geoffrey Hall (Bloom). The series is distributed internationally by All3Media International.
Eden was financed with support from All3Media International, and the distributor is also handling global rights. The series has received major production investment from Screen Australia in association with Screen NSW.
Eden was shot in and around the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales and is led by Australian up-and-comers BeBe Bettencourt (The Dry) and Sophie Wilde (Bird), alongside stars Keiynan Lonsdale (The Flash), Cody Fern (American Horror Story), TV Week Gold Logie Award winner Samuel Johnson (Molly) and Christopher James Baker (True Detective). This complex, multi-generational tale also stars Australian favourites Rachael Blake (Cleverman), Leeanna Walsman (Penguin Bloom), Simon Lyndon (Mystery Road) and Maggie Kirkpatrick (Sando, The Letdown).
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 53 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021