All3media International delivers ‘Cash At Your Door’ to the US
Leading independent distributor All3Media International announced a new deal with NBC Universal, which sees the charming, cost-effective and adaptable game show format Cash at Your Door licensed to E! in the US, with All3Media International’s sister company Lion USA producing the US adaptation. This deal follows All3Media International’s license of Celebrity Call Centre to E! last year.
Originally produced as an Amir Matar Production for Channel 10 in Israel, Cash at Your Door presents an innovative twist on the traditional studio-based game show, literally knocking at the doors of potential contestants’ homes. NBC Universal’s adaptation has two rounds, with players given three strikes before they are out. In the final bonus round players are asked three questions each worth increasing amounts. Players must decide to quit or keep going to try and win the final prize of $25,000 by answering all questions correctly. All the family are involved in play as each member faces increasingly difficult general knowledge, trivia and “home” questions.
The new deal with E! represents the latest international adaptation of Cash at Your Door, which has now been locally commissioned in three continents. A recent adaptation in Mongolia has seen Hulegu Pictures LLC commissioning a 20 × 30’ run of the show. Meanwhile, in Italy, the format aired for over 100 episodes on Rai2. The most recent Italian commission known locally as Resta a casa e vinci (Stay home and win!) was a Covid-19 secure edition, proving the format’s flexibility.
Ami Amir, Creator & Executive Producer said: “I’m thrilled that my show is still attracting fabulous partners around the world, care of All3Media International. I’m sure US audiences will love the Lion adaptation – Jason Biggs is a truly fabulous choice for the host.”
Allison Corn, SVP of Production and Development at Lion Television USA, said: “We’ve been big fans of this format for years and are very excited to find such a wonderful home for it in the US on E!. Now more than ever audiences are responding to shows with positive energy, and with a host like Jason Biggs, we are thrilled to be bringing laughs and cash to our contestants’ doorsteps. This peek into their homes and lives allow the audience to get to know them and cheer for them like no other game show.”
Nick Smith, EVP Formats at All3Media International, said “We are delighted to see Cash at Your Door continuing to travel globally and prove its universal adaptability. Matar’s founder Ami Amir has created a fun, flexible and timeless format that is perfect for family viewing, whilst also being highly cost effective and easy to produce in international markets.”
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021