Keshet International completes raft of sales for ‘Secret Bridesmaids’ Business’
Keshet International (KI) has completed sales of Seven Studios’ soapy thriller Secret Bridesmaids’ Business to SBS, HRT, Mola TV, RTE, Talpa TV, TVNZ, TV4 and Channel 4.
Originally produced for Australia’s Seven Network, Secret Bridesmaids’ Business (6×60’) is a taut, action-packed drama of tangled secrets and dangerous obsessions starring Abbie Cornish (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri), Katie McGrath (Supergirl, Jurassic World), Georgina Haig (Snowpiercer, The Crossing), and Alexander England (Little Monsters, Alien Covenant).
KI has sold the rights for the thriller described as “intriguing and addictive” as “worth obsessing over” by Choice M Magazine and Wedded Wonderland respectively to SBS in Belgium, with HRT picking-up the Free TV rights in Croatia.
Meanwhile in Indonesia, the OTT and Pay-TV service Mola TV has acquired the drama written by Deirdre Shaw as part of a wider multi-title deal (announced 22 April 2021). While Ireland’s RTE and the Netherlands’ Talpa TV have both picked up the Free TV rights in their respective territories.
Finally, global distributor KI has also sold Secret Bridesmaids’ Business to TVNZ in New Zealand, TV4 in Sweden for its AVOD service TV4 Play and Channel 4 in the UK, to be broadcast on More4 and available to stream on All 4. Talks are ongoing with other broadcaster partners in territories around the world.
In addition, Keshet Studios is developing a US adaptation of the format, which is based on Elizabeth Coleman’s stage play inspired by her book of the same name, targeted for streaming and premium cable.
Following the success of BBC One’s The Trial of Christine Keeler – which has already been acquired in the US (HBO Max), Australia (BBC First and ABC), Benelux and Africa (BBC First), the Netherlands (NPO), New Zealand (UKTV) and Spain (Cosmo TV) – KI’s 2021 Scripted Slate is buoyed by a raft of high-profile international dramas, including Viaplay’s Porni, which has just been renewed for a second and third season; Keshet 12’s Line in the Sand, Israel’s highest rating drama since 2015 which has also just been renewed for a second season; and Furia, Viaplay’s and ZDF’s 8-part edge-of-your-seat thriller which premieres later this year. KI plans to launch further titles at its second ‘virtual’ Preview Event for buyers this September.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 45 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020