Dandelooo’s ‘Treehouse Stories’ hits the roof with sales
French animation production and distribution company Dandelooo has secured several sales for its International Emmy Award-winning series The Treehouse Stories (“La Cabane à Histoires”) commissioned by Canal+ for broadcast on Piwi+, Canal+ and My Canal.
By adapting the best children’s books, in a faithful and loyal way and using traditional animation based on the original designs, this enthralling series entices and invites children to read.
Co-produced by Caribara Production (Fabien Baboz & Charlotte Monsarrat) and on-air in over 160 countries and as a successful format on CCTV China, The Treehouse Stories mixes live-action with 2D animation. It centers around a group of friends who meet in a secret treehouse to share their favorite books. Each episode dives into one story through a different design with top children’s books from around the world.
On board to join the kids for The Treehouse Stories (103 x 7 mins) are TV5 Monde, RTS (Switzerland), children’s streaming service Hopster (UK), ETB (Spain), TVN (Chile), Tfou Max (France), OkkoTV (Russia), French Canadian public media company TFO, Good TV (Taiwan), US Hispanic broadcaster HITN, Argentinean kids channel Pakapaka, Estonian pubcaster ERR, HRT (Croatia), RTP (Portugal), Ceska Televize (Czech Republic), OCS (France), Bayam (France), Arte Editions (for French-speaking Europe), LTV (Latvia), North American streaming platform Ameba, Da Vinci Kids, kids’ media company Azoomee and children’s ‘edutainment’ channel Majid Kids for the MENA region.
Expanding on the great popularity of the series, Dandelooo is delighted to announce that Canal+ has commissioned Season 4 (26 x 7 mins) of the highly successful preschool series. Targeted at 4 to 7-year-olds, The Treehouse Stories is a co-production with Caribara Production, Belgian pubcaster RTBF and Bardaf! Productions (Olivier Nomen, Belgium). Live-action shooting will take place in the Victorines Studio, Nice with team leader and great reader Jade (Nina Liwer), Fanny (Juliane Lepoureau) and three new cast members, Paloma (Allyah Bias da Veiga), Noé (Sylvan Craipeau) and Emile (Martin Mazerais). Delivery for Season 4 is set for August 2022 and for broadcast in Q4.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 52 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 50 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 36 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020