Biiggbang Amusement announces its first collaboration with Assorted Motion Pictures
As the world is keeping up with the hustle and challenges of the new normal, Biiggbang Amusement is here to help its audience with a few moments of entertainment, cheer, and laughter with its unconventional content slate. The OTT platform specializes in bringing forth the most compelling stories within minutes for its viewers. With the thought to bring entertainment anytime, anywhere, Biiggbang Amusement announces its first collaboration with Assorted Motion Pictures with the award-winning film, Rikshawala. Breaking the bandwagon, the platform aims to curate critically acclaimed short-form content in one place.
The short film entices its audience to think and throws light on an often overlooked sect; the Riksha-pullers. The film is laced with undertones of realism and portrays a simplistic sense of storytelling, similar yet distinct from Ram Kamal Mukherjee’s former projects. Set in the backdrop of the city of joy, Kolkata, Rikshawala features talented actors like Kasturi Chakraborty, and Avinash Dwivedi that add special elements of life to the story.
This fidelity and simplicity are being loved by audience across the world, helping Rikshawala getting selected for the esteemed Dadasaheb Phalke Film Festival, aimed to recognize the enlightening, entertaining and progressive new age cinema of youth and experienced filmmakers. The critically acclaimed short film has also successfully brought back the award for the Best Human Rights Film at the Cardiff International Film Festival, while its talented director, Ram Kamal Mukherjee also won the awards for the Best Director at International Film and Television Entertainment Award, Australia and the Rajasthan International Film Festival.
Sharing his thoughts on the brand’s first collaboration, Sudip Mukherjee, CEO and Founder, Biiggbang Amusement said, “While the world is in shackles of the pandemic, we are all looking for a breeze of hope and positivity. We at Biiggbang Amusement aim to help our audience with this by bringing them relatable and meaningful stories, anytime and anywhere. While the upper-crust of the audience consumes English content widely, we are looking at seeping through the crust to reach every viewer, countrywide with distinct languages and genres catering for every niche. We are proud to associate with a talented creator like Ram Kamal Mukherjee and Assorted Motion Pictures to inscribe the first short film on our content slate. We plan to populate our content library profusely with many more masterpieces and award-winning shows and films like Rikshawala.”
The riveting short film also made its way to the ImagineIndia festival held in Madrid and Spain, and also fetched laurels including the Best Actor and Best Director award at the 13th Ayodhya International Film Festival. Biiggbang Amusement is set to launch soon and is gearing up with a competitive and unequalled content slate aimed at entertaining, inspiring, and amusing its audience across the globe.
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 40 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 38 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020