Accedo announces support for AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative
Accedo, a video experience pioneer, announced support for the AWS for Media & Entertainment initiative from Amazon Web Services (AWS) to accelerate experimentation of over-the-top (OTT) video strategies with Accedo Orchestra.
AWS for Media & Entertainment is an initiative featuring new and existing services and solutions from AWS and AWS Partners, built specifically for content creators, rights holders, producers, broadcasters, and distributors. AWS adds the newly announced Amazon Nimble Studio, a service that enables customers to set up creative studios in hours instead of weeks, to a portfolio of more purpose-built media and entertainment industry services than any other cloud, including AWS Elemental MediaPackage, AWS Elemental MediaConnect, AWS Elemental MediaLive, AWS Elemental MediaConvert, and Amazon Interactive Video Service (IVS). AWS for Media & Entertainment also simplifies the process of building, deploying, and reinventing mission-critical industry workloads by aligning AWS and AWS Partner capabilities against five solution areas: Content Production; Media Supply Chain & Archive; Broadcast; Direct-to-Consumer & Streaming; and Data Science & Analytics.
The video landscape is changing fast. Content providers need to be able to launch video services quickly while being able to adapt as their video service grows. In order to do this, they need to be able to experiment with their video strategies and test new functionalities. Most video service providers leverage productized video platforms to ensure media grade video quality. However, boxed solutions tightly couple video platforms evolution with the technology vendor´s roadmap. The content providers lack control and the capacity to experiment. The API integration between Accedo Orchestra and AWS Media Services acts as a building block for the video pipeline deployed on their own account. It means video service providers can launch rapidly and evolve on their own terms.
Accedo Orchestra is a ready-to-use video management platform, which can be tailored and augmented to suit individual business and operational needs. It provides editorial personas the tools to control the OTT content proposition across all platforms in real time. This includes adapting the user experience and adding functionality, such as delivering targeted content or interactive services. Video service providers can connect their management workflows to their OTT video applications via a scalable API gateway delivered as part of Orchestra or will leverage the connection to Accedo One, Accedo’s SaaS platform for an end-to-end OTT video solution.
Accedo Orchestra is deployed in the content provider’s AWS account, seamlessly integrating it into their existing video pipeline. It features API integration with a number of AWS Media Services to suit any video workflow, whether live, Video-on-Demand (VOD) or Live-to-VOD. AWS Media Services make it fast and easy to produce, process, and deliver broadcast and over-the-top video. These pay-as-you-go services offer the video infrastructure you need to deliver great viewing experiences to any screen.
Michael Lantz, CEO, Accedo, commented: “Experimentation is absolutely critical to the success of every video service. What that looks like will vary from video service to video service and depending on stage of maturity. With Accedo Orchestra we are leveraging AWS Media Services to deliver a way for video providers to launch an end-to-end service without solution lock-in while being able to continually experiment and adapt their service offering according to their own unique needs.”
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 41 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020