Woodcut International presents a killer slate during digital MIPTV
“This year marks the first Mip TV for Woodcut International and we are delighted to be showcasing some enticing documentaries filmed throughout the course of 2020, as well as some of Woodcut’s factual entertainment favorites from our catalogue,“ said Koulla Anastasi, Commercial Director, Woodcut International.
With a rich line-up of True Crime series (produced by Woodcut Media) and a growing catalogue of over 100 hours of programming to be presented to buyers, highlights include:
Surviving a Serial Killer (6 x 1 hour) premiered by More4 UK, delves into the personal stories of people who survived face-to-face meetings with a murderer and lived to tell the tale. Be they a stranger, a friend, or a lover, these brave individuals have decided to speak out about their close encounter with evil.
Two series commissioned by Sky Crime UK will also be showcased – The Killer Within (10 x 1 hour) a gripping series that explores what makes a seemingly ordinary person take another person’s life. Is there a trigger or is someone always destined to murder? Any homicide sends shockwaves through a community, torments detectives and baffles forensic investigators until a perpetrator is brought to justice. The Beverley Allitt Tapes (3 x 1 hour) focuses on one of Britain’s most notorious female killers, Beverley Allitt. This shy 22year old nurse received 13 life sentences for the murder, attempted murder and grievous bodily harm of 13 children. Featuring police interviews never-before-heard by the public, this series re-examines the story of her crimes and the impact these devastating crimes had on those affected.
Factual entertainment offerings from the Woodcut catalogue include the endearing Animal Antics (13 x 30’) originally commissioned by MTG World for Viasat Nature. Since YouTube first exploded onto the internet back in 2005, animals have dominated the worldwide web, and everybody loves an adorable animal video. Each episode showcases hundreds of brilliant beasts from the sporty to the naughty and the lazy to the crazy!
Also with the UEFA Euro 2021 tournament launching this June, and a focus on all things football-related, Woodcut International will be presenting buyers with Football: A Brief History by Alfie Allen (2 x 1 hour) a Woodcut Media and The Development Partnership co-production originally commissioned by A+E Networks UK for HISTORY. Actor Alfie Allen who loves football sets off around the UK to explore the defining moments and turning points in the establishment and growth of football in the UK. It’s a journey that goes beyond his wonderful access to football stadiums and iconic personalities across the land but takes Alfie to many unexpected destinations as the story unfolds.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 217 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020