Wag Entertainment rolls out ‘War Factories’ internationally
UK-based production and distribution company, Wag Entertainment, part of the Asacha Media Group, has signed a raft of international deals for the new season of its highly successful documentary series War Factories, which was announced by Janice Strangward, SVP Sales.
Produced by Wag Entertainment with investment from UKTV and Histoire TV, the second season offers a further eight episodes and has been acquired by CCTV (China); Discovery (Benelux); Autentic (Germany); Telewizja Polsat (Poland), FTV Prima (Czech Republic) and Viasat World (CEE, Nordics).
Created through meticulous research, using current experts and archive footage, War Factories is a series that changes our understanding of World War Two. Amazingly, this is a story that has never before been told on TV. It’s a story of war production… the REAL story of how the war was won and lost and how manufacturing influenced the course of the war. This detailed and engaging series is the untold secret story of World War Two.
Janice Strangward comments, “The intricacies and background to World War Two continue to intrigue viewers around the world. We are very pleased to have a second series of this thought-provoking look at the often difficult ‘behind the scenes’ events of the battle grounds. It’s particularly fascinating to see the exceptional part played by women who were vital to the war effort on both sides.”
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 183 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 172 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 147 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 107 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021