Viacom18 appoints new business head for COLORS Bangla
Viacom18 announced the appointment of Sagnik Ghosh as Business Head, COLORS Bangla. Sagnik will be taking over from Rahul Chakravarti who cemented the channel’s position as the third-ranked GEC in the highly competitive Bengali market. Sagnik will be reporting to Rajesh Iyer, Head – Regional Entertainment (Bangla, Odia, Tamil and Gujarati Clusters), Viacom18.
A cross-industry veteran with over two decades of experience panning Media and Entertainment, Advertising and BFSI industries, Sagnik, in his previous assignments, had led Star Jalsha and Star Bharat to leadership positions in their respective markets and genres.
“Regional is an important growth driver for Viacom18 and West Bengal is an important market for us. I’d like to thank Rahul for his contribution and wish him the very best in his future endeavours.” Noted Rajesh Iyer, Head – Regional Entertainment (Bangla, Odia, Tamil and Gujarati Clusters), Viacom18, adding, “Sagnik brings three important aspects to this role – his knowledge of the Bengali entertainment industry, his understanding of consumer preferences and his marketing expertise which cumulatively will dial up both the brand and the business.”
On his new role Sagnik said, “The Bengali broadcast entertainment market provides considerable opportunities and is known for its creative prowess for producing content that is often taken to other markets. COLORS Bangla has a rich legacy and now its time to grow further and challenge the market leaders. Together, with the dedicated and talented team, I look forward to propel COLORS Bangla to greater heights.”
Prior to joining Viacom 18, Sagnik has worked with Star India as Executive Vice-President and Business Head, Star Jalsha and Jalsha Movies (Bengal Cluster). In the Hindi Speaking Market, Sagnik had led the brand revamp of Star Plus, and re-launched Life OK as Star Bharat and led it to a Number 1 position. In Bengal, Sagnik helped in the turnaround of Star Jalsha and got it back to Number 1 position. Prior to joining the Media and Entertainment industry, Sagnik worked with some of the top BFSI brands like Axis Bank, HSBC etc.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 233 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 164 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 75 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 73 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021