Harbour Rights announces slate of new deals in Southeast Asia
Harbour Rights licensed a package of FLAVORS 11X52’ to TVB in Hong Kong. The package includes the latest production of the series from 2020 to 2021. FLAVORS is a favourite 4K travel series that discover the natural wonders, breath-taking landscapes as well as the tradition and handicrafts of the most beloved destinations around the world.
While TVB focused on the wonders of the world, RTHK targeted the celebrities and picked up 4 biographies of movie stars; including CHAPLIN VS THE FBI 1×52′ – discloses the merciless hunt of the FBI on the king of comedy during the Cold War; AL PACINO, THE RELUCTANT STAR 1×52′ – reviews the mysterious journey of Al Pacino making his way from Broadway to Hollywood; PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN 1×52′ an episode from TOO YOUNG TO DIE – the recollection of one of the most ambitious actor as well as an accomplished film and theatre director and producer who was badly missed after his untimely death at 46; LEONARDO DICAPRIO: MOST WANTED! 1×52′ – the story of a prodigy with big dreams and contradictions.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific acquired a 30 hours package for South East Asia and Japan, including World War 2 related titles, Asian wildlife & nature documentaries such as SAVING SUMATRA’S BIG 4 1×52′, a second season of Russian Military show FIRING RANGE 20×26’ and science series SPACE TOMORROW 6×52’.
Harbour Rights is also partnering with Malaysian powerhouse DOS FELLAS for the international distribution of ongoing production ON THE FLY series 6×26’. A fishing adventure in the heart and off the coast of Malaysia with fly fishing legend Paul Arden.
A few words from DOS FELLAS’s Managing Director Justing Ong:
What does ON THE FLY series tell us about fishing and adventure in Asia?
The series will reveal stunningly beautiful locations that many have yet to discover. In this first season, our series takes us on an adventure through Malaysia – from fishing for the majestic sailfish in the South China Sea to catching the Giant Snakehead on Temenggor Lake in one the oldest rainforests in the world. Our main character, world-class fly fishing expert Paul Arden, goes on the hunt to catch some of the most challenging fish to hook on the fly.
How did you manage the production and shooting during COVID 19 pandemic?
We were fortunate that we managed to do the filming while the country was not in a full lockdown. Even then, we followed strict SOPs for filming to ensure the safety of our production team, crew, talent and guests. With most people having had to remain at home during the past year or so, we hope that sharing this series with everyone would give audience a window back to the beauty of nature and the wild.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 168 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021