BBC World News channel to launch on 3BB TV in Thailand
BBC Global News has announced that it will be launching its 24-hour news channel BBC World News on Thailand’s Three BB TV’s 3BB GIGATV platform (Channel 601). BBC World News will be available on 3BB, one of the largest fixed broadband service providers in Thailand, for the first time.
The agreement allows 3BB’s 3.3 million subscribers access to BBC World News via the 3BB GIGATV app and through a range of broadband packages.
BBC World News is the BBC’s commercially funded international 24-hour English news channel, which is owned and operated by BBC Global News. BBC World News offers up-to-the-minute international news, in-depth analysis and features for Asia and across the globe.
It is available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, and over 450 million households and 3 million hotel rooms. The channel is also available on over 180 cruise ships, 53 airlines, including 13 distributing the channel live inflight.
BBC Vice President of Distribution – Southeast Asia, Cheryl Png, says on the launch: “This exciting new relationship with 3BB allows us to leverage its extensive network and established know-how in Thailand’s dynamic television landscape while offering 3BB’s discerning viewers the highest quality in impartial news reporting and analysis. BBC World News has long been the most trusted international broadcaster of news and rigorous analysis around the globe, bringing Thai viewers on a quest for discovery.”
Ms. Pattamanun Puntprasert,Head of 3BB GIGATV Business, 3BB TV says “We select premium quality channels that will complement the 3BB GIGATV service to satisfy our customers. Bringing BBC World News to our platform is a great addition to international news coverage. This also meets the needs of foreign customers and business people who want accurate and comprehensive news, and up-to-date events from Asia and around the world.”
The deal marks an important step in re-affirming the BBC’s commitment and presence in Asia, where it continues to provide timely and innovative content to a broad base of audiences across the continent. BBC was also recently named as fastest-growing international news brand across APAC by IPSOS.
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 181 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 166 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 145 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 105 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021