Nippon TV to produce and globally distribute the all-new concert ‘Joe Hisaishi & World Dream Orchestra 2021’
Nippon TV, Japan’s leading multiplatform entertainment powerhouse, announced that it will be producing and globally distributing Joe Hisaishi & World Dream Orchestra 2021 concert to be held in Japan on April 27th, 2021 at the Tokyo Metropolitan Theater. The 90-minute concert is a long-awaited return for his fans not only in Japan but globally as he is known the world over. As a part of this musical extravaganza, which will be available from Nippon TV, they will perform the popular symphonic suite of Princess Mononoke, as well as other symphonies written by the award-winning composer.
Joe Hisaishi is well known in the global music industry for his work on the Academy Award-winning director Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli’s animated feature films such as Spirited Away, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro and others. He has composed music for many popular films such as the award-winning HANA-BI (directed by Takeshi Kitano), the Academy Award-winning Departures, and many more. Joe Hisaishi has also won the Japanese Academy Award for Best Music seven times and was awarded a Medal of Honour with the “Medal with Purple Ribbon” by the Government of Japan in 2009, among many other international awards.
In 2017, he started the world tour of Joe Hisaishi Symphonic Concert: Music from the Studio Ghibli Films of Hayao Miyazaki, which has been held in Paris, Melbourne, Los Angeles, New York and other cities with great success. He has also collaborated with world-renowned artists such as Philip Glass, David Lang, and Mischa Minsky, and conducted top orchestras overseas, including the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra, Taiwan National Symphony Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, and American Symphony Orchestra.
“This musical event marks the first time that the Joe Hisaishi & World Dream Orchestra 2021 concert will be available internationally and we are so proud to be offering the worldwide rights to this special,” commented Kenichi Yoda, Producer, Global Business Division, Nippon TV. “Available as ready-made content, we are confident that Joe Hisaishi’s fans around the world will be eagerly awaiting this performance and will love it as much as his fans in Japan.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020