New TVU Rack Router transmits live 8K UHD video over network powered by China Unicom 5g mmWave technology
TVU Networks, a market and technology leader in cloud and IP-based live video solutions, and China Unicom, the world’s fourth-largest mobile service provider, are collaborating to expand the UHD media applications possible with 5G networks. TVU Networks is advancing solutions that support China Unicom’s 5G millimeter-wave (mmWave) technology for communications services.
As part of the partnership, TVU Networks is focused on the development of technology for the collection, transmission, distribution, and management of 4K and 8K ultra-high-definition video using 5G networks. Advantages to the 5G mmWave band include increased bandwidth, reduced latency and flexible configuration, which enable the capacity and transmission of future mobile application scenarios such as 4K, 8K and immersive AR/VR. The radiofrequency utilized for 5G mmWave is far less congested than the frequency spectrum used by most TV and radio signals, which increases the bandwidth available.
China Unicom’s 5G mmWave technology will be deployed over 5G networks during the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing, where the Chinese telecommunications operator will be the exclusive mobile service provider.
TVU Networks was one of a handful of invited companies that participated in a demonstration inside the China Unicom booth during the Mobile World Congress (MWC) exhibition in Shanghai. The demonstration showcased the live transmission capabilities of 5G mmWave technology. With the theme “5G Millimeter Wave Makes Snow Sports More Wonderful,” TVU created a 5G-based private network in the cloud at the China Unicom booth with two, portable TVU 5G Rack Routers. TVU was able to transmit live, high bitrate 8K UHD video over 5G within the booth.
The real-time 8K video followed athletes in training for the games and was an example of the type of live 8K and AR/VR mobile coverage viewers may see during the 2022 Winter Olympics.
The new 5G TVU Rack Router is a portable Internet access point that includes six embedded 5G modems and is ideal for remote live video production set up, file transfers and emergency communication applications. It provides the highest bandwidth reliability under extreme network environments. An optional IP67 external MIMI antenna is available to maximize signal strength. Others in the TVU Router family include the 5G TVU One Router, 4G/LTE Nano Router, and the TVU Router app.
Prior to MWC, TVU Networks’ solutions helped China Unicom to provide media live UHD video during the China International Import Expo and the 2020 ChinaJoy Expo. TVU also won multiple awards in China’s “Bloom Cup” 5G Application Competition for extraordinary performance of a 5G UHD video live solution.
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 76 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 60 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 44 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020