Mo-Sys Engineering, leaders in virtual production and image robotics, and HYPER Studios, leaders in cloud broadcast graphics, have created the first virtual production system with data-driven sports graphics.
StarTracker Sports Studio combines a complete virtual production system, based on Epic Games’ Unreal Engine, and capable of generating moving camera virtual studios, augmented reality (AR), and extended reality (xR), with a state-of-the-art HTML5 sports graphics system.
An ever-increasing number of sports broadcasters use virtual studios and AR with data-driven graphics, where each graphic type is generated by two separate graphics systems. However, rather than simply keying standard overlay graphics on top of a virtual set, sports broadcasters are now asking to integrate data-driven graphics inside the virtual studio, for example, making them appear inside a virtual monitor or synchronising them to an AR animation where the graphics need to match the style and branding of the AR virtual graphics.
StarTracker Sports Studio enables in-context design of photo-realistic virtual graphics with data-driven sports graphics, simplifying the creation and operation of this new approach to virtual sports graphic presentation.
“We have engaged with many sports broadcasters in order to capture the full spectrum of graphics functionality and workflows that they need now and going forwards, in order to cover major events,” said Michael Geissler, CEO of Mo-Sys. “Working with HYPER Studios, we have designed a system that allows a sports broadcaster to create integrated and in-context virtual graphics content, and as a result produce more engaging and differentiated content for their viewers.”
Mo-Sys will launch StarTracker Sports Studio at the SVG Europe Sports Graphics Summit on 5 March. It is available to order on 2 April 2021.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 205 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 90 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 75 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 48 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020