M6 International debuts in the Middle East with the launch of du in the UAE
THEMA, a Canal+ Group company, in collaboration with UAE-based content licensing management company, SAWA Rights Management (SRM), is proud and delighted to announce the launch of M6 International channel on du’s TV platform in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) – a leading national telco provider part of Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (EITC) PJSC. M6 International has joined the successful du multi-thematic French Package, addressing the French expatriate, francophone and francophile communities living in the UAE. M6 international is now part of du French Package, which is available to du subscribers as an add-on package for AED 69 per month and includes the best variety of French TV Entertainment.
M6 International, whose distribution is handled by THEMA, brings together all the best programs from the M6 Group TV channels, with contents from the renowned M6, W9, 6ter, Paris Première and Téva. With a diversified program selection gathering culture, entertainment, cooking, reality TV, news, politics and lifestyle, UAE French speakers and learners have now access 24/7 to a TV channel tailor-made for them.
With the launch of its international flagship in the UAE, the M6 Group, editor of 19 channels already available in more than 80 countries, significantly strengthens its international presence, notably in the Middle East.
“Delighting our customer base has always been a topmost priority for du. Because the UAE is now home for millions of expats from around the world, it is our responsibility to cater to the needs of all communities and cultures. We have made tremendous progress in this direction over an extended period of time, and the launch of M6 on our TV platform reaffirms our commitment to the audiences we serve. Moving forward, French nationals across the UAE will be able to enjoy even more options in the world of entertainment, something that has become a reality thanks to our partnership with THEMA,” said Karim Benkirane, Acting Chief Commercial Officer, du.
“M6 International gathers the best of M6 TV channel programming as well as successful flagship programs from M6 Group channels (W9, 6ter, Paris Première et Téva). M6 International now allows francophone and French expatriate access to a diversified selection of high quality content.”, said Laurent de Lorme, M6 Group Programme Director & Programme Marketing Director.
“We are delighted to add M6I into du offer. We are sure the channel will ravish the francophone community and the French expatriates living in the UAE as it will allow them to relish the best programs from the M6 Group” said Séverine Garusso, Head of EMEA Distribution at THEMA.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 115 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 71 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 63 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021