Sky NZ and ViacomCBS announce a renewed multi-year content deal
Sky NZ and ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group, one of the world’s leading distributors of premium entertainment content, announced a renewed multi-year deal that will see Sky and Neon customers continue to enjoy a huge variety of content from CBS, The CW and SHOWTIME plus Paramount Television Studios programming.
The agreement includes exclusivity for SHOWTIME content and rights across a variety of Sky channels and platforms, including Neon, Sky Go, Sky On Demand and free-to-air channel Prime.
SHOWTIME is home to acclaimed series like Billions, Ray Donovan, Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series, The Affair, Penny Dreadful and Dexter, as well as new shows including Your Honor and The Good Lord Bird.
Sky customers will continue to have access to returning seasons of their favourite CBS and The CW shows such as NCIS: New Orleans, FBI: Most Wanted, Charmed and Nancy Drew.
Sky Chief Executive Sophie Moloney said: “Our renewed agreement with ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group has been shaped with our customers front and centre of our decision-making. We’ve utilised customer insights including our 25,000 strong Sky Nation panel and, in doing so, we’ve secured our customers the content that they love and value. From binge-able premium drama to the ever-popular top tier crime series, we believe the depth and breadth of quality content will delight our customers.
Our recent long-term partnership renewals with Discovery and now ViacomCBS are all part of our constant focus to simplify content discovery for New Zealanders, giving them access to the best and broadest range of content, all in one place and in ways that work for them.”
Dan Cohen, President, ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group said, “Through the renewal of our deal with Sky, we’re pleased to provide audiences in New Zealand with some of the highest-quality content available in the world. From established titles with global fanbases to new hits featuring A-list talent, our portfolio of brands including SHOWTIME, CBS, Paramount Television Studios and The CW consistently deliver top-notch series we’re confident viewers will continue to find relatable and entertaining for years to come.”
Sky’s agreement with ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group follows a long-term deal Sky has in place with ViacomCBS for hit channels and mega brands MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr, Nick Music and MTV Music channels.
“We’re pleased to follow that up by giving Sky and Neon customers access to hundreds more hours of exceptional TV shows for all the family through this deal with ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group,” said Sophie.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 66 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020