Quintus Studios inks more factual acquisitions for its VOD channels
Quintus Studios has acquired several factual titles for its rapidly growing on-demand documentary channels Free Documentary, FD Real and ENDEVR.
Locking in a deal with UK based independent distributor DCD Rights, Quintus Studios has acquired Sky High Scrapers (5 x 60’) for its Free Documentary and FD Real channels. Produced by Electric Sky, the series follows a crew of high-wire rope access engineers as they tackle some of the most dramatic, challenging and dangerous jobs in the USA, from cleaning the glass walkway hanging out over the abyss of the Grand Canyon to inspecting and replacing the aviation light at the top of the Paris Hotel’s Eiffel Tower in Las Vegas.
Through a deal brokered with Beyond Rights, Quintus Studios has added Mountain Rescue (6 x 60’) and Airshow (12 x 60’) to FD Real. Produced by Candela, a co-production with Helion Pictures, Discovery Channel France and RMC Découverte France, Mountain Rescue captures the spirit of an elite squad of Alpine Gendarmes trained to brave the perils of one of the world’s most deadly peaks, Mont Blanc.
Shot in dynamic style that combines stunning cinematic locations, gritty cinema-verité footage of actual rescues and fluid visuals of the rescue helicopters that the team uses to carry out their missions, Mountain Rescue delivers a viewing experience that puts viewers on the top of the world and keeps them on the edge of their seats.
Commissioned by Discovery Canada and produced by Great Pacific Media, Airshow is an observational documentary series that takes viewers behind the scenes to the most dangerous part-time profession on the planet. From the ground, it looks glamorous, but every year more airshow pilots are killed than in any other job in the entertainment industry. To survive on the circuit, you need to be part salesman, part stuntman, and part crazy. The harder you push, on the ground and in the air, the more likely you are to succeed. But push too hard and you will crash. The series follows the lives of producers, performers and technicians as they face breakdowns, bad weather, and each other’s egos. It’s hard to believe this is a job people are dying to do.
Quintus Studios has also acquired 97% Owned (1 x 130’) for its Free Documentary and ENDEVR channels from documentary and factual sales agency Sideways Film. Directed by Michael Oswald the documentary reveals how the creation of credit and the mystery that surrounds it, is at the root of our current social and economic crisis.
Referring to the 97% of the world’s money supply that is represented by credit this thought-provoking film presents serious research and verifiable evidence on our economic and financial system. Featuring frank interviews and commentary from economists, campaigners and former bankers, it exposes the privatized, debt-based monetary system that gives banks the power to create money, shape the economy, cause crises and push house prices out of reach.
Fact-based and clearly explained, 97% Owned demonstrates how the power to create money is the piece of the puzzle that economists were missing when they failed to predict the crisis.
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 84 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- 5 Asian romance dramas on iQiyi that will make you love ‘love’ again 55 views | posted on July 26, 2021
- The Q announces a lineup of new-age comedy series 53 views | posted on July 29, 2021
- ShemarooMe expands worldwide reach on connected televisions via partnership with ZEASN 51 views | posted on July 29, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021