Passion Distribution acquires distribution rights to slate of game shows from Game Show Network
Passion Distribution has acquired distribution rights to a slate of entertainment and gameshow formats and ready-made-episodes from the Game Show Network including popular shows America Says, Common Knowledge, and Catch 21.
Game Show Network, a leader in game show entertainment, offers original and classic game programming and skill-based competitive entertainment and games via its top 20 rated cable network. Game Show Enterprises, the production arm of the network, develops and produces hundreds of hours of original episodes, making Game Show Network the premiere destination for fun, family-friendly programming. This new slate of entertainment shows will be showcased in Passion Distribution’s Format Sessions, an exclusive campaign that will launch on 3RD February.
Sean Wheatley, Head of Acquisitions Passion Distribution said, “We’re thrilled to be representing these tried and tested formats from the US. Game Show Network know what audiences want and have a great range of much-loved shows in this genre. There is also demand from our clients looking for entertainment that can be produced under Covid restrictions and these perfectly fit the bill.”
Titles and formats available include:
Episodes: 320 x 30’
A fast-paced studio game show where two teams face off to guess America’s responses to fill-in-the-blank survey questions covering every topic under the sun. U.S. version hosted by John Michael Higgins (“Pitch Perfect,” “The Break Up”).
Best Ever Trivia Show
Episodes: 65 x 30’
Three everyday people enter a fun-filled showdown with a panel of Trivia Experts in the hopes of joining their elite ranks. U.S. version hosted by Sherri Shephard (“The View,” “Mr. Inglesias”).
Episodes: 195 x 30’
Common Knowledge is a game that asks those practical, everyday questions everyone should know…. but do you? U.S. version hosted by Joey Fatone (The Masked Singer, N’Sync).
Episodes: 65 x 30’
Contestants answer pop trivia questions to gain control of the cards and try to build the closest hand to 21 without busting in this fast-action game that combines trivia with blackjack. U.S. version hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro (“Fresh Prince of Bel-Air,” “Dancing With The Stars”).
Episodes: 40 x 30’
Emogenius is a play-along half-hour game show format that uniquely taps into the massive popularity of text messaging and emojis. In this format, each episode features two pairs of contestants who face off through a series of rounds to put their emoji-solving skills to the test. U.S. version hosted by Hunter March (“Suger Rush” and Awesomeness TV).
Get A Clue
Episodes: 65 x 30’
Team members must get clues and give clues in this fast-paced word guessing game. U.S. version hosted by Rob Belushi (“How I Met Your Mother”).
In Passion Distribution’s Formats Sessions event, international broadcasters and producers will be invited to enjoy a selection of curated on-demand sessions from some of the world’s leading format producers. In addition to the game shows above, a wide range of formats will be on offer, ranging from Cookery, Social Experiments, Dating and Reality, as well as some of Passion Distribution’s long-running, successful franchises such as RuPaul’s Drag Race and Paradise Hotel.
Agnes Mbye, Senior Sales Manager, Formats said, “Passion Distribution has been at the forefront of format distribution for many years. Our sessions demonstrate how diverse and unique our format portfolio is and how well our formats travel.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020