Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’
Flame Distribution is delighted to announce its appointment as the global distributor for the stunning three-part natural history documentary series Life in Colour with David Attenborough, in partnership with Humble Bee Films and SeaLight Pictures.
The premium documentary series that employs ground-breaking technology and is presented by the world-renowned natural history icon Sir David Attenborough, is co-produced by Bristol-based Humble Bee Films and Sydney-based SeaLight Pictures for the BBC, Netflix, Channel 9 and Stan.
Flame Distribution who had independently worked with Humble Bee Films and SeaLight Pictures over the years, also played a key role in introducing the two companies which consequently led to this co-production alliance.
Flame Distribution will handle worldwide distribution of the series outside of the UK.
Life in Colour with David Attenborough is an awe-inspiring, thought-provoking series, that sees Sir David on location from the rainforests of Costa Rica to the snowy Scottish Highlands to reveal the extraordinary ways that animals use colour. Sir David has always been fascinated by the way colour plays a part in the natural world since the 1950’s, and now 65 years later using new camera technologies (some developed especially for this series) we will be able to see colours usually invisible to our eyes. From the UV signals on a butterfly’s wings and facial markings on a damselfish, to the strange polarisation patterns sported by a mantis shrimp, or how the peacock’s magnificent tail evolved to impress female peahens, while a poison dart frog’s brilliant colours warn of its deadly toxin, Life in Colour will be a truly visual feast for audiences worldwide, revealing a world in colour normally invisible to human eyes, and tell stories that have not been told before.
Fiona Gilroy, Content Sales & Acquisitions Director, Flame Distribution said: “This spectacular documentary series will have a profound effect on audiences worldwide, especially in light of the environmental issues and impact on our wildlife we are facing. Sir David creates a unique lens through which to see our fellow inhabitants in all their glory and I defy anyone to not be mesmerized by each episode! It’s also an incredible honour to be working with the producers and distinguished broadcasters that are delivering the ‘must see’ documentary of 2021.
Life in Colour with David Attenborough is executive produced by Stephen Dunleavy (Humble Bee Films) and Colette Beaudry (SeaLight Pictures). The documentary is made for the BBC (commissioned by Patrick Holland, Controller BBC Two and Tom McDonald, BBC Head of Commissioning, Natural History and Specialist Factual), Netflix, Channel 9 and Stan (Australia).
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 318 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 62 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Viu launches Viu Shorts! Thailand 61 views | posted on April 19, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 43 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020