Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February
Disney+, the highly anticipated streaming service, launches in Singapore on 23 February – the first market globally to launch Disney+ with all six iconic content brands: Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, National Geographic, as well as Star.
Subscribers can sign up on DisneyPlus.com or download the Disney+ app on Android and iOS devices from today to start streaming Disney+ for S$11.98 a month or S$119.98 a year. In addition, existing and new StarHub Mobile+, TV+ and Broadband customers can now enjoy up to two years of access to Disney+.
Disney+ brings thousands of hours of entertainment for all ages, all in one place, offering an exceptional and expansive selection of over 650 films and 15,000 episodes of content from some of The Walt Disney Company’s greatest storytellers. Subscribers can look forward to the latest releases such as Soul and Mulan, blockbusters like Avengers: Endgame, as well as exclusive Disney+ Originals The Mandalorian and WandaVision.
To celebrate the momentous occasion, A Night of Disney+ will premiere on 24 February 2021, at 8:00 p.m. SGT. Televised on MediaCorp Channel 5, Channel 8 and StarHub’s Hub E-City Ch 111/825, and streamed on meWATCH and Facebook, the show will feature musical performances by homegrown singers JJ Lin, Nathan Hartono, Benjamin Kheng, and Annette Lee, followed by a surprise visual spectacle in the Grand Finale.
Disney+ viewing experiences with the highest visual and audio quality.
With a growing library of content that supports the Dolby Vision® and Dolby Atmos® technologies, viewers can stream their favourite shows on Disney+ in the highest visual and audio quality. Viewers can enjoy Disney+ entertainment experiences with ultra-vivid imaging with Dolby Vision, while Dolby Atmos transports viewers from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with moving audio that flows all around listeners.
A sample selection of entertainment highlights that Disney+ subscribers in Singapore can enjoy with Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos are as follows:
Marvel’s 616 (Series)
Flora & Ulysses
Pixar Popcorn (Series)
Rogue Trip (Series)
The Mandalorian (Series)
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Final Season
Die Hard movie franchise
Disney+ offers subscribers high-quality and commercial-free viewing, up to four concurrent streams, unlimited downloads of content on up to 10 devices, personalized recommendations, and the ability to set up to seven different user profiles per account, including Kids Profiles that create an easy-to-navigate, child-friendly interface to access age-appropriate content. Additionally, subscribers can watch any title on Disney+ with family and close friends virtually through the GroupWatch feature.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 209 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 90 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 75 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 48 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020