Mo-Sys Engineering, the world leader in precision camera tracking solutions for virtual production and image robotics, announced that its partner disguise has a number of customers and partners adopting StarTracker technology for XR and virtual production. disguise customers have been adopting StarTracker systems with disguise xR technology, and disguise has seen strong demand in the fast-growing APAC market for the combined solution.
StarTracker is Mo-Sys’s precision 6-axis camera and lens tracking system, designed for use with XR stages, LED volumes, and green/blue screens, for broadcast or for film VFX production. Along with real-time photo-realistic graphics, and real-time compositing, these three technologies have enabled the current explosion in virtual production for both VFX-heavy feature films, television series, and sports production.
“We are delighted that not only has disguise selected StarTracker for demo usage in its local offices,” said Mike Grieve, Commercial Director of Mo-Sys, “but also that their customers are adopting StarTracker technology for XR shows, events, and virtual production.”
Virtual production, according to multiple industry reports, is set to grow substantially throughout 2021. Key cost savings over traditional production workflows include savings on locations, as these can be scanned using photogrammetry techniques and re-created as highly detailed real-time 3D environments. In addition, by capturing VFX shots in-camera, post-production compositing is either reduced or removed entirely.
Tom Rockhill, Chief Commercial Officer of disguise, commented, “It’s important to us that disguise offers customers flexibility as they embark on a journey with our XR technology. Mo-Sys StarTracker is a great choice for customers looking to get into XR or virtual production. It’s a robust and well-liked solution and many of our clients have made an investment in StarTracker to support their stage and LED volume builds.”
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 180 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- Media Prima Berhad experiences rapid digital audience growth using Grabyo 100 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner 72 views | posted on May 11, 2021
- TechStorm to launch inaugural Asian original content time belt in June 42 views | posted on May 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020