Mo-Sys Engineering, the world leader in precision camera tracking solutions for virtual production and image robotics, announced that its partner disguise has a number of customers and partners adopting StarTracker technology for XR and virtual production. disguise customers have been adopting StarTracker systems with disguise xR technology, and disguise has seen strong demand in the fast-growing APAC market for the combined solution.
StarTracker is Mo-Sys’s precision 6-axis camera and lens tracking system, designed for use with XR stages, LED volumes, and green/blue screens, for broadcast or for film VFX production. Along with real-time photo-realistic graphics, and real-time compositing, these three technologies have enabled the current explosion in virtual production for both VFX-heavy feature films, television series, and sports production.
“We are delighted that not only has disguise selected StarTracker for demo usage in its local offices,” said Mike Grieve, Commercial Director of Mo-Sys, “but also that their customers are adopting StarTracker technology for XR shows, events, and virtual production.”
Virtual production, according to multiple industry reports, is set to grow substantially throughout 2021. Key cost savings over traditional production workflows include savings on locations, as these can be scanned using photogrammetry techniques and re-created as highly detailed real-time 3D environments. In addition, by capturing VFX shots in-camera, post-production compositing is either reduced or removed entirely.
Tom Rockhill, Chief Commercial Officer of disguise, commented, “It’s important to us that disguise offers customers flexibility as they embark on a journey with our XR technology. Mo-Sys StarTracker is a great choice for customers looking to get into XR or virtual production. It’s a robust and well-liked solution and many of our clients have made an investment in StarTracker to support their stage and LED volume builds.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020