Discovery, Inc. names Selina Govan as Director of Corporate Communications for APAC region
Discovery, Inc., the global leader in real life entertainment, announced that Selina Govan has been promoted to Director, Corporate Communications, APAC. She previously oversaw Corporate Communications for the company’s Australia and New Zealand business. Govan is based out of Sydney, Australia, and will report directly to Simon Robinson, President and Chief Transformation Officer, APAC, at Discovery, Inc.
“Selina has been central to Discovery’s communications strategy in her region since joining the company last year,” said Robinson. “In this new role, she will be key in ensuring that Discovery strategically positions, protects and enhances our corporate brand as we continue to scale our business across the APAC region.”
“Discovery is a standout media business, with a differentiated content offer and clear vision for the years ahead,” said Govan. “I look forward to extending my remit across APAC markets as we continue to inspire and entertain local and global audiences with the best in real-life storytelling.”
In this newly created role, Govan will work directly with the APAC leadership team and in partnership with local communications leaders to manage external communications, government affairs and internal communications on a regional level. She will also oversee local diversity and inclusion initiatives as part of Discovery’s overall global strategy.
Prior to joining Discovery, Govan spent six years with the Special Broadcasting Service in Australia, where she provided external and internal communications support to senior leadership including the Managing Director, Executive and SBS Board. Prior to SBS, she held several communications positions at Channel 4 and the BBC in the UK. Govan earned her B.A. with honours from the University of Liverpool, UK.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 71 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020