Blue Ant Media elevates Julie Chang to EVP, International Co-Productions
International content producer, distributor and channel operator, Blue Ant Media, announced the promotion of Julie Chang to EVP, International Co-Productions. In this newly elevated role, Chang will initiate and lead co-productions for Blue Ant Media across the company’s core integrated business units. This includes identifying, structuring and closing content creation deals and leveraging financing opportunities with international partners for the company’s global production arm, Blue Ant Studios; its distribution business, Blue Ant International; and its linear and streaming channels, notably T+E, Cottage Life and Smithsonian Channel Canada in Canada and Love Nature worldwide. As part of her new tenure, Chang joins the company’s corporate management team and reports to Michael MacMillan, CEO & Co-Founder, Blue Ant Media.
“Julie’s wealth of experience in leading co-productions and her deep well of connections in the international TV industry are invaluable to Blue Ant Media’s success and growth as a world-class content creator, especially as the industry sees an increase in more complex multi-partner collaborations,” says Michael MacMillan, CEO & Co-Founder, Blue Ant Media. “Julie’s new position enables her to be a bridge between our businesses, helping our partners maximize the creative and financial synergies across our global production units, our distribution division and our channel operations.”
Chang previously served as VP, International Co-Productions with a focus on working with partners around the world to leverage and bolster Blue Ant Media’s production group. Prior to joining Blue Ant Media, Chang was the Senior Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs with Peace Point Rights and Peace Point Entertainment Group. She had a first hand in building Peace Point’s International Rights division and oversaw the business and legal affairs of all production for various Licensees on a global basis. Prior to Peace Point, Julie was with Behind the Scenes Services Inc. and was an associate at Lewis Birnberg Hanet, LLP where she represented international distributors and executive producers for scripted/lifestyle/factual programming. Chang has held executive positions in a number of areas of the industry including home distribution for Lions Gate Films, business and legal affairs for the former Alliance Atlantis and UK-based Café Productions. Well versed in legal and business affairs for international distribution and productions, Julie has extensive experience with Canadian tax credits and equity funds and has overseen interim financing transactions for numerous Canadian Productions.
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 42 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020