Beyond Rights cements a raft of new deals for engineering titles
Beyond Rights has closed a number of deals for some of its popular, long-running engineering series, as well as for newer acquisitions in the genre, recently introduced to the market.
Series two of Massive Engineering Mistakes (12 x 60), which examines epic fails and builder blunders from construction projects around the globe has been licensed to Blue Ant Media in Canada (who also acquired series one at the same time), RTHK in Hong Kong, Discovery in Italy and Canal Plus in France and French-speaking territories. Producers BriteSpark Films, part of the Argonon group, recently announced that series three and four, co-produced with Beyond Rights, have been commissioned by Science Channel in the US.
The fifth series of Abandoned Engineering (12 x 60) has been acquired by Discovery in Spain, Italy, Benelux and MENA, while National Geographic Channel Europe has picked up the series for Hungary, Poland and Romania. Canada’s Blue Ant Media has also taken this new season. Abandoned Engineering is produced by Like a Shot Entertainment and explores the intriguing stories behind major structures that have abandoned due to, for example, financial problems or political arguments.
Popular engineering series Extreme Ice Machines (8 x 60), produced by Architect Films, and How Did They Build That? (8 x 60) from Curve Media, continue their international roll-out. Extreme Ice Machines, which takes a fascinating look at the incredible machines that keep working in the coldest temperatures on the planet, has been acquired by Seven.One Entertainment Group in Germany, Discovery in Italy and Auto TV in Russia, while How Did They Build That?, which investigates the construction of some of the world’s most jaw-dropping modern engineering marvels, has been licensed by Canal Plus.
Simona Argenti, head of sales at Beyond Rights says: “Beyond has established a strong reputation for premium engineering titles by consistently acquiring expertly produced, beautifully filmed series that tell fascinating stories about some of the world’s most interesting man-made structures. Our popular returning series such as Massive Engineering Mistakes and Abandoned Engineering quickly attract audiences and, with volume episodes, have become cornerstones of many channel brands. We are delighted that these shows continue to sell well around the world and are glad to constantly introduce wonderful new series to broadcasters keen to acquire content from this genre.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 66 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020