Abu Dhabi Media switches to Dejero for live news reporting as part of News Department upgrade
Dejero has announced that Abu Dhabi Media has rolled out Dejero EnGo 260 mobile transmitters, Dejero WayPoint receivers and Dejero CuePoint low latency return video servers, following a 2020 tender that was won by local systems integrator and Dejero partner Ideal Systems. The UAE public service broadcaster is making use of Dejero to enhance its live news reporting capabilities across the country.
Dejero’s technology has been central to Abu Dhabi Media’s successful live coverage of a number of events since it was rolled out.
The use of Dejero EnGo 260 transmitters, WayPoint receivers, and CuePoint return servers allowed the national broadcaster to capture high-quality, flawless coverage of a fireworks display. Such coverage is notoriously complex to accomplish with low-latency but was achieved using the Hybrid Encoding Technology built into the Dejero kit.
The combination of Dejero’s Smart Blending Technology and Hybrid Encoding Technology forms a tightly integrated system that maximizes video quality by responding in real-time to changes in network characteristics and video content. These technologies are ideal for low-latency and live video contribution scenarios, allowing broadcast and media teams across the world to deliver real-time, high-quality video even under the most challenging bandwidth-constrained scenarios.
“We are delighted to have been awarded the contract for the overall newsroom upgrade at Abu Dhabi Media. Switching the broadcaster’s live news reporting technology to Dejero represents a significant win in the region,” said Ayman Alkhatib of Ideal Systems. “During testing, the EnGo outclassed other products in terms of picture quality and performance. Abu Dhabi Media also uses CuePoint extensively for confidence monitoring and plans to leverage the technology for teleprompting in the future. Full 5G coverage is coming in the UAE and Abu Dhabi Media is ready to roll this out with Dejero.”
The Dejero EnGo is the world’s most durable and versatile mobile transmitter that’s purpose-built for reliably sending high-quality live video from remote locations. It allows the transmission with glass-to-glass latency as low as 0.8 seconds. Dejero WayPoint receivers reconstruct video transported over multiple IP connections from Dejero transmitters, decode HEVC or AVC, and output to your desired workflow—SMPTE ST 2110, SDI, or MPEG-TS. Dejero CuePoint return servers send low-latency, live program video and teleprompter feeds to on-air presenters, camera operators, and other production personnel in the field to help them stay synchronized with central production during live broadcasts.
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 41 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020