ABP News unveils new primetime show ‘India Chahta Hai’
ABP News is all set to elevate its content portfolio with a new-age flagship primetime show, India Chahta Hai. With a distinct, fluid, and agile format and a highly viewer-driven approach, this show aims to explore the stories of significance via in-depth, yet pacy coverage. Placing the viewer right at the heart of its content, this show also has a special segment dedicated solely to the audience.
Hosted by veteran news anchor, Mr. Sumit Awasthi, India Chahta Hai will bring refreshing debates, packaged stories, guest conversations, data-led stories, simplification of complex issues, relatable and intelligent content, and much more to the discerning viewer of today. One of the most interesting features of the show is the special ‘Viewer’s Choice Segment’ wherein viewers will get to decide the news flow of the show. This has been introduced to take the engagement quotient up a notch and ensure viewer-centricity.
Mr. Awasthi, who has nearly two decades of experience in political reporting, promises to make India Chahta Hai an even more interesting experience through his critical and thoughtful presentation. Considering his affinity amongst the ardent news viewers of India, Mr. Awasthi will surely add a distinct flavour to the show. In fact, his 7:30 PM show Bharat ki Baat continues to be extremely popular amongst the masses. It generated approx. 40 Cr Gross Impressions as per BARC since its launch (10% more than its nearest competitor). (Source: BARC, TG- NCCS 15+, Mkt- HSM, TB- 1930-2000 Hrs (Weekdays), Wk 24’19 – Wk 39’20, Gross AMA’s (in Cr))
On this new offering, Mr. Avinash Pandey, CEO, ABP Network said, “Our viewers remain at the very core of all our content offerings. Keeping in mind the needs of the new-age viewer, we have brought a new-age primetime show to keep them apprised in the most engaging, balanced, and gripping way. At ABP News, we have always strived to experiment as much as we can, to bring unique and unparalleled show formats to our audiences. ‘India Chahta Hai’ is one such sui generis offering. We hope the viewers will continue to appreciate and enjoy our content just as they have in the past.”
The show will premiere on 15th February 2021, airing every Monday to Friday from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020