West Bengal’s leading news channel, ABP Ananda announces special programming line-up for Assembly Elections 2021
As political parties gear up for a high-octane assembly election in West Bengal this year, ABP Ananda is ahead of the curve in keeping the nation apprised. The channel has launched an extensive programming line-up for the upcoming West Bengal Assembly Elections under the umbrella branding of ‘Banglar Bidhan 2021’. In fact, by the dint of its comprehensive coverage on all key events and issues, the channel has been a market leader in West Bengal for over a decade. At 50 mn Reach, ABP Ananda has reached 90% of all Bengali TV-viewing households. [Source: BARC; TG: 2+; Mkt : West Bengal; Period: Wk 12-34’20, Cum Reach (in Cr)]
With over 100 reporters, 12 anchors, and 2500 hours of programming, ABP Ananda will be providing the latest updates from every corner of Bengal to its viewers. Having made history in the Bengali News genre, the channel has 7 district studios based out of: Tamluk, Durgapur, Barrackpore, Siliguri, Midnapore City, Baharampur, and Cooch Behar, to ensure the viewers don’t miss out on anything.
In order to ensure top-notch coverage on all political affairs of the state, there will be a bouquet of 15 plus programming segments on the news channel. Banglar Bidhan 2021 will bring a wide variety of shows under its ambit such as Tarokar Chokhe Taroka Kendra – A highly-acclaimed show wherein Tollywood celebrities will visit key constituencies, acting as ABP Ananda reporters, bringing out two different POVs from each constituency/district. The show will have a travelogue format with a political overview; Chalti Hawa – A travelogue show with a meld of politics and culture, Chalti Hawa will delve into the local folk art, cuisine, and politics of rural Bengal, in one-single potboiler; Voter Baddi – ABP Ananda will also be running parody videos in its news wheels. The parody songs/music will be composed by top bands and singers of West Bengal, and their videos will be produced by the channel itself.
Other interesting shows like Power Meal – a non-political capsule on the campaigners’ diet during the campaign spree, will provide relief to the viewers from the otherwise politically laden news wheel; and Mukho Mukhi – A show which will entail a series of exclusive interviews with political heavyweights.
Furthermore, ABP Ananda will be conducting Opinion Polls and Exit Poll to gauge the electoral pulse of the voters.
On this comprehensive line-up, Mr. Avinash Pandey, CEO, ABP Network said, “ABP Ananda has always pursued its vision towards responsible & impactful journalism, delivering top-notch content to Bengali viewers worldwide. We have always ensured unique, compelling, and comprehensive coverage when it comes to issues of both local and national importance. We are confident that Banglar Bidhan 2021 will bring all aspects of the election to its viewers, accurately and promptly.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 66 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020