The HISTORY Channel™ to broadcast original production ‘COVID vs The World’ across Southeast Asia
The HISTORY Channel™, the world’s leading factual entertainment broadcaster, announced the premiere of its highly-anticipated local original production, COVID vs The World. The feature documentary marks A+E Television Network’s first co-production delivered in Asia by the organisation’s production teams based in Singapore, Tokyo, and Seoul. The highly-anticipated docufilm will be aired on The HISTORY Channel™ throughout Southeast Asia, one year after the discovery of the COVID-19 virus, on Monday 11th January 2021 at 9:55 p.m. SGT and will also be aired in Korea on Tuesday 26th January and Japan on Sunday 14th February.
This 60-minute feature-length documentary film is directed by Chris Humphrey, executive producer of Emmy award-winning docu-drama, Scars of Nanking. Viewers of the documentary will get an insight into the COVID-19 from the point of view of the virus itself, and the scientists grappling to understand and get in front of the virus during a global pandemic. The documentary delves into how scientists, doctors, and other experts across Singapore, China, Japan, South Korea, and the U.K. worked tirelessly around the clock to combat the micro-pathogen and the concerns and opinions of public and political figures. COVID vs The World also shows how the disease has affected people on the frontline, through survivor and healthcare professionals’ personal testimonies.
“One year on from the discovery of the virus that changed the world, A+E Networks Asia is truly proud to present an insightful documentary on the topic from the point of view of the scientists.COVID vs The World is a show created in their voice,” said Saugato Banerjee, Managing Director, A+E Networks APAC. “Our production team across Singapore, Tokyo, and Seoul worked tirelessly to film, edit and produce this incredibly emotive documentary during a global pandemic. We are proud to share this film with our audience in Southeast Asia coinciding with the rollout of a vaccine that the scientific community has developed in a record amount of time.”
2020 will forever be remembered as the year that COVID took on the world. It may not be the deadliest virus, but it has caused enough sickness to overwhelm the world’s hospital systems and force countries into lockdown.
A+E Networks® is a collection of culture brands that includes A&E®, The HISTORY Channel™, Lifetime®, LMN™, FYI,™, Vice TV and BIOGRAPHY®. A+E Networks cumulatively reaches 335 million people worldwide and have 500+ million digital users.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020