Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator
Saloon Media, a Blue Ant Studios company, announced ahead of the Realscreen Summit 2021 that it has started production on Season 2 of Hotel Paranormal (10×60’). As part of this announcement, Saloon Media also confirms that Emmy® Award winner and Oscar®-nominated actor, Dan Aykroyd, will return as narrator, joining production efforts in Toronto, Canada this spring. The 10-part documentary series provides dramatic recreations and paranormal expert insights during its bone-chilling tales of paranormal encounters at 4-star hotels, highway motels and inns around the world. Originally commissioned by T+E in Canada, the second installment of this series is available for licensing, in the U.S. and globally, by Blue Ant International.
“Everyone enjoys a great ghost story and this new season of Hotel Paranormal delivers some of the most credible and chilling stories you’ll ever hear, with some occurring in my own haunted land of Canada,” says Dan Aykroyd, narrator of the T+E series. “I’m excited to begin work on Season 2 following the outstanding response fans gave us after Hotel Paranormal‘s first installment.”
“The highly-anticipated second season of Hotel Paranormal, scheduled to deliver this summer 2021, will be available to broadcasters worldwide. Dan Aykroyd’s striking and globally recognizable voice draws audiences into the series’ creepy storylines,” says Solange Attwood, EVP, Blue Ant International. “There is a strong universal appetite for believable paranormal programming and Hotel Paranormal ticks all the boxes, including A-list talent, high production quality, and fascinating real-life ghost stories.”
“We’re extremely proud of the success of Hotel Paranormal, Season 1, and we want to build on that suspense and intrigue to give audiences more jumps and scares in Season 2,” says Michael Kot, Managing Director, Saloon Media. “We have an incredible crew working on Hotel Paranormal and we’re thrilled to have Dan Aykroyd – the ultimate ghost storyteller – return for a second unforgettable installment.”
Filming for Season 2 will take place across Ontario, Canada, under strict, new COVID-19 provincial guidelines, with a delivery date of summer 2021. No stranger to keeping production going during a pandemic, Saloon Media had completed one in-person narration with Dan Aykroyd for Hotel Paranormal, Season 1, when Canada went into lockdown last March. Saloon Media moved forward by recording the remaining narration virtually. Aykroyd recorded in a remote studio in Ontario, Canada, with Executive Producer Michael Kot and Series Producer Sarah Zammit directing via video call.
Hotel Paranormal is produced by Saloon Media, a Blue Ant Studios company. Michael Kot and Betty Orr serve as Executive Producers. Sarah Zammit is the Series Producer. Dave Tebby and Simone Stock are Directors and Josh Pelham is the Director of Photography. Overseeing the series for T+E is Sam Linton, Head of Original Content for Blue Ant Media’s Canadian channels. Blue Ant International oversees international licensing for Hotel Paranormal Seasons 1 and 2.
Saloon Media, a Blue Ant Studios company, is a leading factual television and digital content producer, based in Toronto, Canada. Saloon Media has a wealth of experience in broadcasting and factual production, with an international track record for delivering successful, award-winning programs. The production company works with like-minded partners, worldwide, to produce top-quality, returning series and high-impact specials. Recent credits include the award-winning 9/11 Kids (Canada, U.S.); Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer (Worldwide); Hotel Paranormal (Canada); Cheating Hitler (Canada); the CSA-nominated series Mummies Alive (Canada, U.S., U.K.); and long-running series See No Evil (Canada, U.S.) saloonmedia.com
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 41 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020