Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards
Nippon TV, Japan’s leading multiplatform entertainment powerhouse, announced that the Thai adaptation of Nippon TV’s scripted format Mother, its award-winning one-hour drama series, was nominated for seven categories and won Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards held on January 16, 2021, in Singapore.
The Thai version of Mother named เรียกฉันว่า…แม่ (Call me…Mom), was written by Piangpaitoon Satrawaha and Sadanun Somachriyakul, and was produced for LINE TV Original Series by LINE TV and JSL Global Media, one of Thailand’s leading production houses. JSL Global Media also previously acquired the Thai adaptation rights to Nippon TV’s touching drama series Abandoned which was so appreciated by their audience and went on to win the award for “Best Drama for Family and Society” at Thai’s prestigious Maya Awards in 2019.
Mother has also been sold to South Korea, Ukraine, France, Thailand, China, and more, making it one of the most exported formats out of Asia.
The script of Nippon TV’s Mother is written by the multiple award-winning Mr. Yuji Sakamoto. He has also penned Woman -My Life for My Children- as well as anone, all available as scripted formats.
JSL Global Media Executive Producer Mr. Thiti Sutthikulphanich said, “We are very proud of this achievement. Especially, because our version of Mother is the only TV series from Thailand winning the ATA award this year. We would like to thanks LINE TV (Thailand) for their trust in us. Letting us introduced this touching drama to the Thai audiences. Thanks also to Nippon-TV and Mr. Yuji Sakamoto for creating such a wonderful story. And last but not least, I want to thanks all the actors, actresses and the whole production crew for their dedication and professionalism. Without their supports, we would not be able to complete our project during the COVID-19 pandemic. It was a very challenging project with a lot of uncertainties. So, if not because everyone played their parts twice as hard. We would not be able to achieve this. So big thank you again for the whole team.”
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 58 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 53 views | posted on June 18, 2021
- Keshet International completes sales for ‘Line In The Sand’ 42 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- Vizrt offers cloud solutions for Thailand storytellers through partnership with AIS Business and VMware 39 views | posted on June 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020