Imira’s new edutainment title ‘Darwin & Newts’ adds the STEM spark to Da Vinci Kids library
Imira Entertainment, the leading kids and family entertainment distribution and production company based in Spain, has inked a deal with the popular edutainment platform Da Vinci Kids for the distribution of their new edutainment title Darwin & Newts.
Darwin & Newts is a STEM-focused show about two siblings who go on fantastic escapades, discovering and experimenting with early science and engineering principles, while also exploring the natural wonders of the outside world. The 40×11’ series targeted at 4 to 7-year-olds also includes supplementary educational activity fact sheets and short gamified video clips for social media.
“We are delighted to have this beautiful animation title Darwin & Newts which has humour, imagination, and meaningful educational takeaways for preschool children. With this partnership, the show will now be available to the collective global subscribers of both Azoomee and Da Vinci Kids via connected TV, linear channels, and mobile apps,” said Gulshan David, VP – Media Sales, Imira Entertainment.
Da Vinci Kids will service season 1, as well as season 2 of the series, which is currently under production. Besides this, the deal also includes the distribution of the digital science activity shorts accompanying each season in Asia (excluding China and Japan), Africa, Central, and Eastern Europe, Russia/CIS, Poland, Turkey, a number of western EU countries (most notably the UK/Ireland, Spain, Italy) and the US. The show will now be available for kids across the world to access and watch from the digital and linear platforms of Da Vinci Kids as well as via the Azoomee mobile app.
“We’re really excited about this series coming to Da Vinci and Azoomee since it’s a great editorial fit for our STEAM-focused fun learning digital and linear channels. Darwin & Newts join our expanded library of upper preschool content for families in our territories, which we are offering alongside our ever-growing slate of content for older kids,” said Luca Fiore, Director of Content at Azoomee / Da Vinci.
He added that the company is planning to expand the reach of the show through social media, press, and linear TV efforts. The Da Vinci Kids TV channel is broadcast in over 100 countries across Central Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia/CIS, Africa, and Southeast Asia, and is available 24/7 in 19 languages, including English, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hungarian, Turkish, Bulgarian, Thai and Indonesian.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020