Hat Trick International signs first-look deal with Cardiff Productions
Leading independent distributor Hat Trick International (HTI) has signed a first-look deal with Pat Younge and Narinder Minhas’ recently launched production company, Cardiff Productions, to represent its forthcoming factual and scripted series on the global market.
Based in the heart of Wales, Cardiff Productions is a brand new factual, scripted and digital company launched in May 2020 after the founders exited the award-winning Sugar Films. The company is jointly owned by executives Pat Younge and Narinder Minhas, who boast a strong track record of delivering high-quality shows for the world’s leading broadcasters. Cardiff Productions works across a range of genres, producing modern, ground-breaking documentaries, specialist factual films, returnable formats, scripted series, and compelling digital projects. The company is backed by a number of industry and accelerator funds including the BBC and C4.
The multi-year agreement, brokered by HTI Acquisitions Executive Hana Zidek, entitles the distributor to represent all future programming from Cardiff Productions for international distribution.
Sarah Tong, Director of Sales at Hat Trick International, comments: “Cardiff’s broad range of interesting story ideas, coupled with their plans to produce diverse and innovative content in both the factual and scripted space, really appealed to us. They are a collaborative company with big aspirations and we look forward to helping them develop their global ambitions. We know that the international market is looking for the type of fresh, innovative programming with exceptional production values that we know Cardiff will deliver.”
Pat and Narinder, joint MDs at Cardiff Productions, adds: “We’re delighted to be teaming up with Hat Trick International. They have an assured and bespoke approach to working with their many global clients. We look forward to working closely with them from the outset on our new projects, harnessing their hard-earned experience to ensure our programming is seen widely across the globe.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 67 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020