GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija
The deal gives GoQuest Media exclusive worldwide distribution rights to the intriguing Serbian dramas, Civil Servant (S01: 12 x 50’ & S02: 12 x 50’) a spy thriller produced by Telekom Srbija, and Film Danas and Debt to the Sea (11 x 50’), a mystery drama produced by Telekom Srbija and Monte Royal Pictures International.
Directed by Miroslav Lekic and Ivan Zivkovic, Civil Servant is a gripping thriller series that follows a young, ambitious Serbian Secret Service (BIA) agent, Lazar Stanojević (played by Milan Marić, who recently received the Shooting Stars Award at Berlinale and the Chopard Talent Award at the Moscow Film Festival) as he negotiates the rules of the international spy game in the modern world. He quickly learns that all is not what it seems, and he is left fighting the distrust that he has for everything he thought to be true. Despite this, his sense of duty still makes him make dangerous decisions to try to protect his nation, his family, and himself. Will Lazar emerge from being a servant of the state to its ultimate protector?
Civil Servant is created and produced by Predrag Antonijevic, the director and producer of ‘Dara Iz Jasenovca’ (Dara of Jasenovac) an epic WWII feature film that has been chosen by Serbia as its official entry for the 2020-2021 Academy Awards.
Dark secrets, ancient myths, and an unrelenting sea determine the life of the characters in Debt to the Sea directed by Goran Gajic and produced by Bojan Maljevic. The arrival of a mysterious stranger triggers an unstoppable wave of events for the unnerved inhabitants of a beautiful but deadly Montenegro coastal village. Fractured families, old friends, and young lovers are forced to find answers in their tragic pasts and uncertain futures.
Commenting on the deal Paula McHarg, Head of Europe and North America at GoQuest Media said, “As the New Year sets in – with viewer demand for high-quality series rising — we are excited to team up with Telekom Serbia, who has been a steady leader in the recent boom of premium content emerging from Serbia. We are thrilled to partner with them on these unique, stand-out series and pleased to bring them to the global stage.”
Vladimir Lučić, Chief Executive Officer at Telekom Srbija added, “For two decades now, Telekom Srbija has been the leader in the market of telecommunications services, both in Serbia and regionwide. Keeping up with global trends, we have over the past few years expanded our operations to production, predominantly in the series genre, which has rapidly become synonymous with quality. As a result of our cooperation, we are convinced that worldwide audiences will have a chance to see and recognize the quality of Serbian productions as represented in the series Civil Servant and Debt to the Sea.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020