Discovery UK and Discovery Australia and New Zealand greenlight WTFN’s ‘Sydney Harbour Force’
WTFN, one of Australia’s leading independent production companies, announces that it has gone into production on Sydney Harbour Force, as a result of being jointly commissioned by Discovery UK and Discovery Australia and New Zealand.
This new, ten-hour observational documentary series will follow the struggles and triumphs of the dedicated team of men and women who control every aspect of Sydney Harbour, one of the largest and busiest natural harbours on the planet. Home to iconic buildings such as Sydney Opera House, and a striking 317km shoreline that takes in national parks and the Prime Minister’s official residence, this living, breathing waterway buzzes with activity. A cinematic approach to filming will capture all the drama of harbour life – from kayaking commuters to animal rescues – and will follow the enforcement officers keeping this vast area safe and sound for residents and its millions of annual visitors. Sydney Harbour Force is being produced with the support of Screen NSW and is expected to deliver in Q3 2021.
In related news, Fred Media, the international distributor owned by WTFN, has agreed on a pre-sale for Sydney Harbour Force with Seven.One Entertainment Group. It is the first such deal for the series and Fred’s first-ever pre-sale with the German broadcaster.
Daryl Talbot, WTFN’s CEO has been the driving force behind the new series. He comments: “Nothing embodies Australia more than Sydney Harbour, so we are glad to go into production on Sydney Harbour Force, showcasing not just its man-made and natural wonders, but also the wide range of people who have the mammoth task of policing and protecting this World Heritage Site. Getting this series up and running has been a real passion project for me, so now we have Discovery and Seven.One Entertainment Group’s support we have been able to start filming.”
Mem Bakar, Fred Media’s representative for the UK and Western Europe, managed the relationship with Discovery UK and negotiated the pre-sale with Seven.One Entertainment Group. She adds: “Through the success of recent obs-docs series such as Paramedics and Emergency, WTFN has demonstrated its expertise in this genre, consistently delivering nuanced storytelling and compelling characters, whatever the location. As its reputation – and our catalogue – grows, I am delighted to bring major partners such as the Seven.One Entertainment Group into the mix. Knowing the breadth of stories to be captured and the stunning range of backdrops, I envisage Sydney Harbour Force will prove a popular title for us in the international marketplace in 2021.”
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020