Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’
On January 16, Bilibili will join hands with Shanghai Media Tech, a subsidiary of Shanghai Media Group, to present China‘s first virtual idol musical fantasy film Vox Ultima, meaning The Voice of a New World (or “创世之音”). It aims to reimagine the scope of virtual entertainment.
Disrupting the traditional “performance-on-stage” concert mode, the two-hour fantasy musical film will be available exclusively on Bilibili. Huo Zun, a well-known Chinese musician, features as a special guest in the musical where his virtual avatar “Nine-Tailed Neko” will be officially revealed for the first time.
The lineup consists of 12 popular virtual idols from both China and Japan. They include hanser and Aria, who come from VirtuaReal, a virtual talent incubation project jointly operated by Bilibili and the Japanese Vtuber group NIJISANJI.
The Voice of a New World tells the story of a warrior who fights demons and creates a whole new fantasy world of virtual idols with the help of twelve goddesses. Each participating virtual idol is featured as a goddess in a separate scene, including “light,” “ice,” “ocean,” “flower sea,” “forest.” “old fashion,” “time travel,” “metropolitan.” “time,” “space,” and “sky.”
The mash-up stage features design elements such as cyberpunk and Peking Opera. Virtual idols will perform with real performers in settings that integrate real scenes with AR-powered virtual scenes.
In November last year, Bilibili hosted the eleventh edition of the widely popular Bilibili Macro Link (BML), an anime, comics, and games-oriented concert, in Shanghai on December 19. Known as “Bilibili Macro Link-Visual Release 2020,” simply “BML-VR” for short, the event was China’s first concert consisting solely of Virtual YouTubers (VTuber) and Virtual Uploaders (VUp).
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020