Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories
Global distributor Banijay Rights announced its new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories under the overarching leadership of CEO, Cathy Payne.
In Latin America, Michelle Wasserman will be leading the charge in selling both finished tape and formats across the continent as SVP Latam, Brazil, and US Hispanic. Long integral to the company’s formats business, she has orchestrated format sales for MasterChef into 13 countries and 14 of My Name Is across the region, alongside managing over 40 format productions per year. Her remit will now expand to finish tape sales.
Joining her in the Miami office is new hire, Ivania Zamora, who takes up the role of VP, Latam.
Having handled the Latam and US Hispanic finished tape sales for the past ten years, Veronique Verges is joining the EMEA team as SVP German-speaking territories, Poland & Hungary. Now based in London, she will report to Tim Mutimer EVP, EMEA. Before transitioning out of her role in Latin America last month, Verges closed several high-value package deals with the likes of, Amazon, Turner, and Discovery, surpassing 1600 hours.
Elsewhere, Jane Rimer is officially announced as SVP, Canada. Since joining late last year, she has already completed significant deals including sealing the first iteration of Celebrity Big Brother in French Canada.
Both Jane and Michelle will report directly into Matt Creasey EVP Sales, Acquisitions and Coproductions – World (excluding EMEA).
With a catalogue of 95,000 hours of multi-genre content, the Banijay Rights team has a wealth of top-quality programming available for audiences around the world. New series highlights for 2021 include crime drama Viewpoint, and gripping new action-drama RFDS: Royal Flying Doctors Service. Singing entrainment formats Fame Maker and A Star in the Star and popular factual returning hits Temptation Island, Lego Masters, and Wipeout.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020