Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann
The Malaysian actor, Ivan Tai was spotted in a teaser video of Radio Televisyen Malaysia‘s (RTM) upcoming drama A.I in Love. According to his team, the filming of his cameo has already been completed last September and the drama is set to air on TV2 at 8:30 p.m., every Saturday starting February 6th, 2021. Also, this four-episode miniseries will air on TV1 as well at 11:00 a.m., every Sunday starting February 7th, 2021.
Ivan speaks about his role and expressed his excitement about working on the project. “I’m so lucky to be part of this amazing cast and crew and to be able to work with Rahayu Wahid (Executive Producer) and Nor Ashikin Zainal (Producer and Director),” he says.
Ivan added that since it was his first Malay speaking role, he worked hard at practice after getting the script in order to achieve a better Malay accent in his dialog.
Born on July 28, 1994, Ivan Tai is a Malaysian actor and TV news presenter. He debuted in the music video My Tiny Times, a song by Catherine Leong in 2013. He has also made guest appearances on the survival TV show Kampung Quest, which was produced and directed by Feisal and Iskander Azizuddin.
Ivan has not appeared in a television or film project since 2014, where he played the role Guo Xiang in the film River of Exploding Durians, which was directed by Malaysia’s award-winning director Edmund Yeo. While working on the film back in 2014, Ivan was still a student who was continuing his studies at university. He joined RTM after he graduated and eventually became a TV news presenter in 2018.
Ivan Tai will be starring in A.I.in Love, alongside Janna Nick and Dini Schatzmann. This will be the first drama that features both real-life and animated characters in the scenes produced by Unit Drama TV RTM. “Due to the pandemic, the obvious challenge faced in the filming process was to avoid many scenes being done in crowded locations and minimize the number of the cast at one time. Therefore, the idea of CGI being added later to the drama,” Ivan says.
Ivan played a recurring character, Roy, a work colleague of Dini Schatzmann, the staff of Keith Foo and will be appearing in two of the drama’s four episodes. The teaser of this drama has been well-received by the public, many believe that it will receive a high rating.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020