Abacus Media Rights acquires new documentary ‘Best Dog India’, narrated by Kate Beckinsale
Abacus Media Rights (AMR), a member of the Amcomri Media Group, has secured international distribution rights for Best Dog India (1 x 60; 4K & HD) from one of Asia’s largest indies Beach House Pictures, a Blue Ant Media production company.
Best Dog India is a 60-minute documentary feature narrated by award-winning actress and model Kate Beckinsale, which follows dog owners participating in the Kennel Club of India’s obsessive nationwide tournament to select the country’s top dog. AMR has secured worldwide distribution rights.
Donovan Chan, Creative Director, Beach House Pictures, comments: “India never fails to surprise, inspire and touch us with its passionate characters and amazing places. We are proud and thrilled to work with Kate and Abacus on rolling out this film worldwide and look forward to presenting more exciting stories from Asia.”
Jonathan Ford, Managing Director, Abacus Media Rights, adds “As AMR continues to build its portfolio of high-end factual programming, we are extremely pleased to have secured this highly entertaining and uplifting film created by the innovative and multiple award-winning producers at Beach House Pictures. Best Dog India is quintessentially a joyful Indian adventure, brimming with drama, tears, and jubilation.”
India is known for many things, yet few know that it has a serious canine obsession. Best Dog India follows the Kennel Club as it visits a series of dog shows, taking in the length and breadth of the country. Only the best dogs will prevail and the competition is stiff. The documentary heads into the homes and kennels of these obsessed owners and their four-legged superstars for a privileged look at their preparations for the shows, and learn what’s at stake for each of them. Featuring the highs and lows, triumphs and disasters, Best Dog India offers an unfiltered look at these competitors’ journeys, as the lead changes hands, careers are destroyed, and reputations are made.
Best Dog India is a Beach House Pictures film and is directed by Dixie Chan and Donovan Chan. The documentary is executive produced by Donovan Chan, Jocelyn Little, and Geraldine Orrock, and produced by Chris Baron, Saumya Chhabra, Phillson Rajan, and Conal Whyte.
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 87 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 68 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 68 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Flame Distribution to handle global sales of ‘Life in Colour With David Attenborough’ 57 views | posted on February 26, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020