The History® Channel Japan to broadcast the highly-anticipated original production ‘Tokyo Legacy’ on 20 December
The History® Channel Japan, the world’s leading factual entertainment broadcaster, announced the global premiere of its highly-anticipated local original production, Tokyo Legacy will be aired across 20 Asian markets on December 20, 2020.
This feature-length documentary film directed by Emmy award-winning Director, Chris Humphrey, charts the history of Tokyo’s transformation and evolution from the post-war 40s to the present day. With a myriad of perspectives from interviews with key opinion leaders including international scholars, researchers, historians, sociologists, economists, and journalists of various nationalities. The production includes valuable and archive footage, featuring poignant testimonies of the sights and sounds of the old Tokyo that only those who were there at that time to witness the post-war lows could understand.
“Tokyo Legacy is the first comprehensive documentary film about the post-war history of Tokyo to the present day,” said John Flanagan, General Manager, A+E Networks Japan. “It’s an uplifting story that chronicles the ups and downs of Tokyo while highlighting the metropolis’ resilience to make a comeback. I would like to express and extend my sincere gratitude to all of the interviewees that took the time to talk to us and help us create this incredible story of courage and growth.”
Tokyo’s recovery has been nothing short of miraculous, it’s unique culture and creativity is admired and referenced in politics, economics, and popular culture. Just as the 1964 Tokyo Olympics was a pivotal moment for the growth of Tokyo, we look at the possibilities of how Tokyo 2020 will further impact the Japanese capital city.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020