The History® Channel Japan to broadcast the highly-anticipated original production ‘Tokyo Legacy’ on 20 December
The History® Channel Japan, the world’s leading factual entertainment broadcaster, announced the global premiere of its highly-anticipated local original production, Tokyo Legacy will be aired across 20 Asian markets on December 20, 2020.
This feature-length documentary film directed by Emmy award-winning Director, Chris Humphrey, charts the history of Tokyo’s transformation and evolution from the post-war 40s to the present day. With a myriad of perspectives from interviews with key opinion leaders including international scholars, researchers, historians, sociologists, economists, and journalists of various nationalities. The production includes valuable and archive footage, featuring poignant testimonies of the sights and sounds of the old Tokyo that only those who were there at that time to witness the post-war lows could understand.
“Tokyo Legacy is the first comprehensive documentary film about the post-war history of Tokyo to the present day,” said John Flanagan, General Manager, A+E Networks Japan. “It’s an uplifting story that chronicles the ups and downs of Tokyo while highlighting the metropolis’ resilience to make a comeback. I would like to express and extend my sincere gratitude to all of the interviewees that took the time to talk to us and help us create this incredible story of courage and growth.”
Tokyo’s recovery has been nothing short of miraculous, it’s unique culture and creativity is admired and referenced in politics, economics, and popular culture. Just as the 1964 Tokyo Olympics was a pivotal moment for the growth of Tokyo, we look at the possibilities of how Tokyo 2020 will further impact the Japanese capital city.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 390 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 54 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020