TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV
This launch marks the network’s 9th country launch post a series of meteoric traction across Southeast Asia and Sri Lanka. The channel’s top-notch program line-up that includes popular award-winning programs such as Shark Tank, The Gadget Show, and Innovation Nation as well as a dedicated esports TV belt made it a natural choice when ONLINE MEDIA were looking to beef up their offerings with unique content.
“We are proud to partner with ONLINE MEDIA for the inaugural launch of TechStorm in Taiwan. Portico Media has been leading the content market in Taiwan by being the first to discover new content trends way ahead of the market. Bringing in this edgy, Gen Z, Millennial angled premium brand like TechStorm is a huge testimony of our on-going market strategy. For the first time, the Taiwanese audience will get to see TechStorm’s unique and premium game and tech-centric content via ONLINE MEDIA’s own OTT platform 4gTV [四季線上]”, says Jay Lin, CEO of Portico Media.
Portico Media is widely recognized for its in-market strengths in channel carriage distribution in Taiwan, with leading MSOs, cable systems, and OTT platforms.
“Taiwan is a hub for cutting edge innovations and gaming with a captive market of young segment already in sync with esports, gaming trends, innovative developments, and pop culture. We are thrilled to partner with 4gTV for TechStorm’s landmark debut in Taiwan to bring the exhilarating world of coolest tech trends, mix of pop culture, top-notched global and pan-Asian esports stories to their viewers,” says Debbie Lee, Founder & CEO of TechStorm.
For esports fans, the channel’s exclusive programs will certainly whet their appetites, as these include Gamerz – the World’s First Esports reality series featuring Fnatic, one of the world’s top 10 professional teams, as well as Indonesia’s First Warriors Talent Search and premier esports tournament First Warriors Championship 2020 for adrenaline-pumping game competitions and international game reviews for some of the world’s most popular game titles like Fortnite, Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
For the latest on the tech and esports scene, as well as interviews with tech start-ups and esports celebrities in Asia, TechStorm’s very own original magazine show Storm Bytes will keep viewers up to date.
Not to be missed on TechStorm, are pop culture hot favourites that include exclusives such as rapper ShiGGa Shay’s “是个谁” first of its kind interactive virtual live concert that uses mixed reality technology, with sneak peeks into behind-the-scenes about the making of the virtual live concert.
On top of these, there are also exciting premieres this November for 4gTV subscribers to look forward to exclusively on TechStorm on Channel 109: Modern Day Gladiators, every Monday at 10 p.m. (CST/SGT), where we explore the lives of esports stars to find out what it takes to make it to the top of the leader boards, and The Gadget Show, every Mon-Fri 8.30 p.m, (CST/SGT), to get a glimpse of the latest tech from around the world.
TechStorm is also available on AIS PLAY Channel 251 and AIS PLAYBOX in Thailand, Dialog TV Channel 62 and MyDialog OTT in Sri Lanka, StarHub Channel 420 and StarHub TV+ OTT, Singtel TV Channel 260/ Channel 18 and Singtel TV GO OTT in Singapore, Dimsum Entertainment in Malaysia, Brunei and Singapore, First Media Channel 333 and FirstMediaX OTT, Telkomsel’s MAXstream OTT, and Genflix OTT in Indonesia, Cellcard TV OTT, SingMeng TV Channel 251 and Splus mobile TV in Cambodia. Sky Cable Channel 212, Cignal Play OTT, and via Omnicontent Management Inc. across 82 leading MSOs and provincial cable systems in the Philippines.
With the inaugural launch in Taiwan, these numbers are set to grow even further.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 104 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020