Nippon TV heads to ATF with new scripted format ‘A Girl of 35’
Nippon TV, Japan’s leading multiplatform entertainment powerhouse, announced that the company will be partaking in this year’s ATF Online+ and will be offering for the first time its new scripted format entitled A Girl of 35 (60 min. eps.) This drama series, currently airing on Nippon TV in Japan, is from the creators of the award-winning, mega-hit drama series I’m Mita, Your Housekeeper. The announcement was made on 30 November by Ms. Sayako Aoki, Manager, International Business Development, Nippon TV.
“We quickly realized that ATF was the perfect occasion in which to launch A Girl of 35, as our scripted formats have had much success in the Asian region. For example, our series Mother was very well adapted and received in China, South Korea, and Thailand, and the adaptation of our format Abandoned won the Maya prize in Thailand. A Girl of 35 has a strong message of hope and realisation of not taking everything in life for granted. It is certain to resonate now with audiences in Asia, as well as around the world, as viewers can sympathize with the story of this family while reflecting how we got to where we are right now,” commented Aoki.
A Girl of 35 follows a young girl who, in 1995, at 10 years of age, has a freak accident and is left in an unconscious state. Now in 2020, after 25 long years, she miraculously awakens with a 35-year-old-body but the mind of a 10-year-old. Trying to fill every void, she rushes to accumulate over two decades’ worth of experiences and matures as she goes through pains and heartbreaks. The 10-year-old at heart goes to middle school, high school, and eventually blossoms into a beautiful woman where her mind meets her real age. This story of awakening and inspiration will have viewers questioning how they have spent their past 25 years and ponder how they should be moving forward with their lives.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020