NBC orders script development of ‘The A Word’ from Keshet Studios and Universal TV
Based on the Keshet Broadcasting and July August Productions’ series Yellow Peppers written and created by Keren Margalit, The A Wordis one family’s emotional journey after their young son is diagnosed with autism.
Showrunner Arika Mittman (Paradise Lost, Timeless) also executive produces the US adaptation, alongside Peter Traugott (Keshet Studios), Avi Nir (Keshet Media Group), Alon Shtruzman (Keshet International), Karni Ziv (Keshet Broadcasting), and Keren Margalit.
Distributed internationally by Keshet International, (KI) the format of The A Word has already been adapted in the UK for BBC One by Tiger Aspect and Keshet Productions, where Peter Bowker’s much-anticipated third series recently premiered to rave reviews; in Greece for Alpha TV; and in the Netherlands for NPO by Fiction Valley.
KI has also sold the English language finished tape into over 80 territories to date, including the US (Sundance TV, Amazon, iTunes), Australia and New Zealand (BBC Australia), Sweden (SVT), and Brazil (Globosat).
Mitmann most recently staffed on La Brea, also for NBC and Keshet Studios, and was previously showrunner on Paradise Lost and co-showrunner on Timeless. She has also written on Dexter and Elementary. Mittman is repped by Verve, Todd Feldman of The Feldman Co., and Gregg Gellman of Morris Yorn.
Keshet Studios has more than a dozen projects at various stages of development or production, including limited and returning series, short-form dramas, and feature-length films. Recent orders include Echo 3, a US adaptation of Keshet Broadcasting’s When Heroes Fly for Apple TV and Le Brea for NBC with Universal Television. Other projects currently in development include Ron Bergman’s Rise and Kill First with Yval Adler for HBO and The Stuntwoman with Guy Nattiv.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 132 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 105 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020