Fremantle spread kindness with new format ‘The Great Giveback’
Entertainment powerhouse Fremantle has announced the addition of a powerful new reality format to its slate.
The Great Giveback is a new reality format that is proven to have viewers emotionally hooked from the outset. Originally created by Motive Television in Ireland, the show was a ratings hit across all demographics when it launched on Virgin Media One earlier this year. Fremantle has acquired global format rights outside of Ireland. A local adaptation is already currently underway in Poland which is set to air on TVN and is produced by Fremantle Poland.
This format sees successful and well-off families meet and make real connections with less fortunate families in their community. This is a genuine, long-term commitment to helping others and working with them to better their futures. More than handing out cheques – the help provided could take the form of business coaching, resilience skills, and personal mentoring, anything the other family needs to help them improve their lives and to gain the confidence to take the jump they never thought they could.
Over time, the participants develop a strong bond and, as viewers, we see a profound understanding of the families’ situations and perspectives grow. This highly charged journey doesn’t just affect the recipients; the experience also changes the philanthropists for good in many cases, as they reflect on seeing the results of their generosity first-hand.
Jamie D’Alton, Producer and Managing Director, Motive Television, said: “We are hugely proud of The Great Giveback. It’s an emotive, life-affirming format that has the potential to inspire audiences and transform lives. The ‘pay it forward’ premise at the heart of the show has really connected with viewers looking for positive, feel-good television. We are excited about its worldwide potential and are thrilled to be partnering with Fremantle to bring the format to the global market.”
Vasha Wallace, EVP Global Acquisitions and Development, Fremantle, said, “I was so moved the first time that I watched The Great Giveback. Now, more than ever, the time is right to launch this show. Already evident by the production in Poland, it’s a heart-warming format that really makes us think about how we can make a difference in people’s lives. Full of compassion, love, and warmth it is incredible to be watching families helping one another. We are honoured to be working with Motive Television on this timely series.”
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 131 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 104 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020