all3media international partners with ITV Studios Australia to license Objective Media Group’s ‘The Cube’
Leading independent distributor all3media International has partnered with ITV Studios Australia to sign a new format deal with the Australian broadcaster, Network 10, for the award-winning game show The Cube. ITV Studios Australia will locally produce this hit international gameshow, originally created by Objective Media Group for ITV in the UK.
The Cube will broadcast in Australia on Network 10 and WIN Network in early 2021, with Australian TV and radio presenter Andy Lee hosting this local version. The commission follows the recent successful reboot of the format in the UK – The Million Pound Cube – for ITV, which achieved ratings of over 4 million viewers.
Contestants are placed in a small, enclosed 4m x 4m x 4m perspex cube to attempt seemingly simple tasks. From throwing to catching, estimating to balancing, memorising to reacting, contestants have nowhere to go and nowhere to hide once inside the high-pressure confines of The Cube. Teams will compete for up to $250,000 over seven games. The adrenaline-filled format is made all the more timely as it can be filmed with social distancing in place.
Head of Programming, 10 ViacomCBS, Daniel Monaghan, said: “Andy Lee is one of the most popular and talented comedians in Australia, and we are thrilled he will host this brilliant series. The Cube has been a huge success in the UK for years, and to bring this edge-of-your-seat game show to Australia for a local prime time version, with Andy Lee no less, is a fantastic addition to our 2021 schedule.”
Sabrina Duguet, EVP APAC at all3media International said “We are delighted that Network 10, a great home for TV entertainment, has commissioned The Cube. The show – originally produced by Objective Media Group for ITV has proven its credentials in finding family viewers across several years, in several countries. We are also excited to see the new features in The Cube’s recent reboot including 2 player teams, new games, and lifelines, adding to adrenaline-filled fun of this format. We are confident that the Australian version, produced by the very capable ITV Studios Australia, will engage and enthrall Network 10’s audiences.”
CEO & Managing Director, ITV Studios Australia, David Mott, said: “We are delighted Network 10 is bringing The Cube to the Australian market. This fantastic family-entertainment game show had a stellar run on ITV in the UK recently, achieving over 4m viewers and dominating all demos – and who better to host this brand new format in Australia than Andy Lee who will bring his own unique style and tone that is perfectly suited to this format. We can’t wait to get started on the production.”
In addition to Australia, in a deal brokered by Mike Beale, Managing Director, Global Creative Network, ITV Studios has acquired rights to produce The Cube in France, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Israel.
The Cube will also be launching in the USA in 2021, with Warner Media ordering a 10-episode series which will be fronted by former NBA player Dwayne Wade.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 401 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 67 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 41 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021