Woodcut Media, Keshet International announce the fifth season of crime series ‘Britain’s Most Evil Killers’ and ‘World’s Most Evil Killers’ for Sky Crime
Indie producer Woodcut Media and international producer and distributor Keshet International have reached another milestone with the announcement of Season 5 of the hit franchise series Britain’s Most Evil Killers and World’s Most Evil Killers, commissioned by SKY Crime. The new season is scheduled to TX on the channel as of the 10th of November 2020.
UK viewers and audiences worldwide continue to enjoy this true crime series which delves into the gripping real-life stories of some of the most terrifying and prolific murderers in the UK and worldwide.
Season 5 of Britain’s Most Evil Killers (10 x 1 hr) and World’s Most Evil Killers (10 x 1 hr) covers the horrendous crimes committed by the likes of Philip Austin, Russell Bishop (‘Babes in the Wood’ murders), Colin Pitchfork, William Bonin (aka ‘The Freeway Killer’) who murdered 14 innocent victims and was ultimately executed via lethal injection in 1996, Douglas Daniel Clark and his accomplice, Carol M. Bundy, known as The Sunset Strip killers who embarked on a murder rampage that shocked Los Angeles, and more.
Each episode includes first-hand accounts, compelling interviews, archive footage, recreations, and in-depth analysis from some of the world’s leading criminologists, crime journalists, and psychologists as they try to understand the motivation and backstory that drove these individuals to commit such horrific acts.
Kate Beal, CEO, Woodcut Media said, “We first partnered with Keshet International on this series back in 2016, with the first episodes premiering on Sky in early 2017. We knew we had a strong concept at the time, but we never could have envisaged this level of response from viewers in the UK and worldwide. With each new season, we have delved deeper into the minds of these killers in order to try to understand and unlock the motivations behind so many of their shocking crimes, and we are confident Season 5 will deliver on all levels.”
As a worldwide distributor for all five 20×60’ series produced to date (totalling 100 episodes), KI has sold World’s Most Evil Killers into numerous territories in Europe, CIS, the Middle East, SPac, and the US, including RTL (Germany), AMC Networks (EMEA), Foxtel (Australia), Bell Media (French-speaking Canada) and Reelz (United States), with discussions on-going with current and new broadcast partners.
Keren Shahar, COO and President of Distribution, Keshet International said, “Our on-going partnership with Woodcut Media to support this enduring franchise is great news for everyone involved, not least the broadcasters – those who picked it up right from the start, and those that are joining us now when we have 100 high-quality episodes to offer. Each episode of World’s Most Evil Killers is brilliantly constructed and produced, making every single one captivating viewing.”
Britain’s Most Evil Killers and World’s Most Evil Killers Season 5 was commissioned by Emily-Jayne Wilde for SKY. Executive producers for Woodcut Media are Kate Beal and Koulla Anastasi. The series producer is Beth Parkes.
- Abacus Media Rights secures international distribution rights for ‘The Masked Dancer UK’ 104 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Differentiating the sports OTT experience 103 views | posted on May 14, 2021
- Asian independent short films now accessible worldwide with ZEASN and Viddsee team up 103 views | posted on May 17, 2021
- Social entertainment platform GazeTV breaks the tradition with blockchain, tokenized ecosystem for audiences and video creators 68 views | posted on May 17, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020