Rodolphe Belmer, President of Series Mania, and Laurence Herszberg, founder and general director of Series Mania, announced new dates for Series Mania’s 2021 edition. Taking place in Lille, France, and the Hauts-de-France region, the Series Mania Festival is now confirmed for May 28-June 5, and the Series Mania Forum, to be held in the Lille Grand Palais, is set for June 1-3. The Lille Dialogues, one of the most anticipated events of Series Mania Forum, which joins together major political decision-makers and leading industry executives, will be held on June 1. Series Mania Digital, the online platform which initially launched in March of this year, will complement the live event, especially for those who still may not be able to travel.
It was also announced that registration for Series Mania 2021 will begin online on January 18. Additionally, while the Call for Series for the Festival, and the Call for Projects for the Forum, have already been announced with a deadline of January 6, this deadline has now been extended to March 5 given the new dates.
“We are extremely grateful to the Hauts-de-France region and the city of Lille who has worked closely with us in helping to secure these new dates for 2021. As you can imagine, this was not an easy task. With the ongoing uncertainly surrounding COVID-19, we believe these dates in the warmer months of May and June are the perfect time frame for Series Mania 2021. For our 2022 edition, we will return to our dates in March for which Series Mania has become known,” commented Belmer.
“With this opportunity to move our annual in-person rendezvous to June for 2021, Series Mania will be in the coveted position slated between two other major international events, Cannes Film Festival and Annecy Festival. We are among great company,” stated Herszberg. “Our team has been working non-stop in preparing our events and I have no doubt our 2021 edition will be bigger and better than ever, sending a strong message of hope to both the audiences and the industry. I look forward to welcoming everyone to Lille, having again the pleasure of working together in person, and, true to my forever optimism, raising our glasses to celebrate better days ahead!”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 49 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 47 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 46 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020