medici.tv now available on SK Broadband, South Korea
THEMA, Group Canal+ subsidiary is delighted to announce the launch of medici.tv offer on the SK Broadband platform. The second-biggest IPTV platform in Korea has chosen medici.tv to supply premium classical music content to their 5.09 million subscribers.
medici.tv has offered access to the best of classical music to viewers worldwide since 2008, notably with more than 150 live events broadcast each year, in partnership with the world’s most prestigious venues, opera houses, festivals, and competitions. medici.tv’s library features over 2,600 programs from concerts, operas, and ballets to documentaries and master classes.
As offline performances possibilities are getting limited in Korea, the online market is rising and SKB is welcoming the opportunity for classical fans in Korea to enjoy medici.tv selected content amongst their VOD/SVOD offer, starting on 9 November 2020.
Eric Kim, the leader of SK Broadband’s content acquisition Team, expects “to deliver healing and comfort to customers suffering from a prolonged COVID-19 pandemic by providing high-quality classical performing contents on B tv”, the IPTV service of SK Broadband.
“For many years now, South Korea has had one of the world’s most important classical music scenes, attracting young, dynamic, and world-class performers. And the size of the audience is growing every year. We are honored and grateful to SKB to have been chosen to supply our high-quality content to their subscribers” said Hervé Boissière, Founder and CEO of medici.tv.
“We are thrilled to provide SKB’s subscribers one of the most premium classical offers available on the market today. Korea has a strong appetite for classic contents and SKB could not make a better acquisition to meet the demand of this audience” said Alexandre BAC, Managing Director APAC at THEMA, now handling medici.tv distribution worldwide.
- iQiyi International’s first original K-drama series ‘My Roommate Is A Gumiho’ to premiere on 26 May 123 views | posted on May 10, 2021
- ViacomCBS consumer products bolster Asia team with new hires 93 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- Tencent’s WeTV now available on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on May 7, 2021
- C-Suite spotlight: Alon Shtruzman of Keshet International 66 views | posted on May 8, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020