AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance
Demonstrating unity whilst performing miles apart, AXN All-Stars, a KC Global Media Original Production, will see a unique and moving collaboration from David Foster, Anggun, Afgan, Saniyah, Angela July, and Gerphil Flores as they perform the classic hit song “That’s What Friends Are For”, premiering this Saturday, 28 November, on AXN Asia’s YouTube and Facebook pages.
Grammy award-winning producer and musician David Foster, who led the idea of this collaborative performance, will start the song with a soothing classical tune behind the piano keys at his California home.
Kicking off the song with her angelic vocals is the world’s best-selling Indonesian artiste, Anggun, as she sings her heart out from her home in France.
Lending their beautiful voices to this performance from Indonesia and the Philippines are Afgan, Saniyah, Angela July, and Gerphil Flores. Together with Anggun, their five calm yet powerful voices will join forces with David’s piano accompaniment to deliver a harmonious and soothing rendition set to uplift the entire song.
“AXN All-Stars aims to showcase how social responsibility can co-exist with engaging world-class entertainment, this raw yet soulful rendition of the classic hit song will tug at the heartstrings of the audience, bringing them hope and cheer amidst the current climate,” said George Chien, President & CEO of KC Global Media Asia, “While everyone is observing social distancing and experiencing pandemic fatigue, it is also a timely reminder for everyone affected by the global pandemic that they are not alone, in both the good and bad times.”
The full 90-minute virtual showcase is a record-breaking feat, bringing together a variety of artistes performing across nine countries and eight time zones. AXN’s past and present stars such as Michael Bolton, Mel C, Cosentino, and Cyril Takayama, will put on an exhilarating showcase with their powerful vocals, skillful musical techniques, and mind-boggling tricks. Top personalities such as Allan Wu, Justin Bratton, Alan Wong, Marc Nelson, Rovilson Fernandez, Patricia Gouw, and Melissa C. Koh, will be joining as AXN All-Stars’ hosts from Indonesia, Singapore, Philippines, and the United States.
Presented by AXN, the globally known general entertainment channel owned by KC Global Media Asia, and the Republic of Indonesia’s Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy, this virtual extravaganza will premiere on AXN Asia’s YouTube and Facebook pages on 28 November (Saturday), 8:00 p.m. (SGT). Fans worldwide can also relive the show highlights on AXN Asia’s YouTube in December.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 390 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo 53 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020