Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership
Astro Media Solutions (AMS) is pleased to announce an exclusive partnership with The Smiley Company (Smiley), in which AMS will be the exclusive media licensee for Smiley & SmileyWorld in Malaysia effective 1 December 2020.
One of the Top 100 global licensed IPs, Smiley has collaborated with retail industry players (Nestlé, Unilever and McDonald’s); luxury designers (Loewe, Moschino, and Fendi); and the hippest brands (Adidas, Converse, and Chinatown Market).
For the first time, Smiley is partnering with a Media & Broadcasting company to spread positivity and happiness, making them the core values in helping brands to transform properties and activations into unforgettable memories.
Under this partnership, AMS will have the exclusive rights to use the Smiley trademarks in advertising and sponsorship packages to promote third-party products and services; bundled with promotional campaigns on TV, radio, digital and on-ground events. Linking with their SmileyWorld brand, AMS will be able to access Smiley’s vault of over 3,000 icons which cover the full range of emotions & expressions to develop products and campaigns to bring smiles to Malaysians.
In addition, AMS will also be the Master Licensee for Smiley, comprising licensing of copyrights for a commercial purpose; and sub-licensing of merchandising rights, which cover premiums and retail merchandises to support advertising or sponsorship campaigns.
Wong See Wei, Director of AMS said, “More than ever, brands are seeking to align with joy, mindfulness, and wellness to leave a positive impact on consumers. We are delighted to partner with Smiley, a lifestyle licensing brand synonymous with happiness and cool that has been warmly embraced by the world.”
“As a renowned lifestyle licensing brand with a track record in activations, experiences, retail, and merchandises, we believe Smiley has immense potential in Malaysia. Through this partnership, we are delighted to offer our clients the opportunities to be part of its 50-year heritage, including Smiley-branded fashion, accessories, home décor, food, plush, stationery, entertainment items and more, to create unique experiences through purposeful campaigns. Clients can also build social legacy and increase their brand value through Smiley’s non-profit social enterprise, Smiley Movement in championing community heroes and charitable causes.”
Nicolas Lourfrani, CEO of Smiley said, “We believe that the best way to spread our positive message to the public is to work on meaningful contents with great media organisations. We are really proud to have found in Astro a like-minded partner who will co-create with us those amazing contents and help us engage with the public in a new way.”
With schools and learnings facing disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, AMS will kickstart the partnership with a campaign to put smiles back on students’ faces by producing inspiring content with opportunities for brands to participate. More details on this fun-filled project will be revealed soon at www.quake.com.my
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 403 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 67 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 41 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021