TBS, Sony Pictures Television sign global distribution and format agreement for ‘Time Is Money’
Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. (TBS) and Sony Pictures Television (“SPT”) have reached a global distribution and format agreement for Time Is Money – The Celebrity Lifehack Show, a new format based on the TBS prime-time show Jitan Seikatsu Guide Show (26 Hours/Day). Under this agreement, SPT will be in charge of international sales of Time Is Money, as well as overseeing local productions of the format. The agreement was brokered by TBS’ format licensing agent, Bellon Entertainment Inc.
Time Is Money is the hilarious celebrity Life Hack show where your favorite stars share the time-saving secrets of their success – and viewers with great life-hacks go home with a fat cash prize, proving once and for all, that TIME IS MONEY.
In Time Is Money, the hosts introduce a panel of funny and crazy celebrities that show off their favourite life hacks. Little tips and tricks from the stars that have helped them get along can now improve our lives by making things much simpler. Some are fun, some are silly, some are extremely messy, but most of them are the ultimate in ‘take-home TV’ – they can improve your life!
Mayu Sunaga, Director of International Sales at TBS says, “Following the footsteps of our format giants Funniest Videos, Takeshi’s Castle, and Ninja Warrior, we have high hopes that SPT can make Time Is Money the next global hit from TBS.”
Tracy-Jean, Executive Producer, Global Formats, SPT, says, “In the busy world we’re living in, who wouldn’t want to get an extra couple of hours in the day! When we first saw Time Is Money we knew that it was a format with truly universal appeal – funny, lively, and informative. We can’t wait to bring the show to the international audience”
In place of the annual in-person MIPCOM event which was moved entirely online due to COVID-19, SPT is presenting Time Is Money at the “Virtual October Formats Fest” from 1-31 October 2020, and featuring it at consecutive markets globally. Hopes are high for upcoming local productions in the US and Europe, as well as around the world.
TBS has reinforced its image as a format powerhouse in recent years, not only through the development of new formats but also in a wide range of activities including customization and re-packaging of proven domestic formats for the global market. Time Is Money is the result of a collaboration with British format specialist Dave Winnan (CEO of Little Delicious Media, known for his success with formats such as Hell’s Kitchen, I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!), and was unveiled at MIPCOM 2019 in Cannes, France.
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 45 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 45 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 44 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 42 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020